1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Checking out an X Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by avc8130, Nov 8, 2010.

1. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I am looking to buy a plow for my 2006 Chevy 2500HD. I have a 1/4-mile driveway and 2 decent parking areas of my own to plow in North Jersey.

I have found an 8'6" Xblade. The plow is used but in immaculate condition. Cutting edge looks perfect

Comes with the Intensefire lights.

Comes with used mount and used 4-port isolation module for my truck. Also comes with a new handheld controller.

The price is $3600. Opinions?
    ac

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

How old is it? Is it SS or powdercoat? Seems like a decent price as long as it comes with everything. If you could get it down to $3K that would be a deal.

3. avc8130

avc8130 Member

SS. $3600 is the price. That isn't negotiable.
    ac

4. BoulderBronco

Well I still think it's a decent price. Of course I'm in Colorado so pricing might be a little different out here. But if it's what your looking for and it's in nice condition like you said, go for it.

5. avc8130

avc8130 Member

For comparison in my area:
    Similar condition Western Pro 8' with old style lights is $3200 in DESPERATE need of a cutting edge.

ac

6. BoulderBronco

Ok. Keeping in mind thats just one example. For one I hate the western trip design. Also I don't think they are as strong as Fishers. Plus thats 8 not 8'6" and with old lights. Seems like a no brainer. Get the X blade. It is a great design.

7. kevink1973

kevink1973 Junior Member

That sounds like a good price if its complete and in good shape like you say. And guess what bro, I know what they are getting for these plows in your area....Im from wantage. Im getting a new s.s.xtreme v from illinios next week. My dad is a retired mechanic from njsp and could help you w/install if needed..... kevink1973@yahoo.com if you have questions let me know.

8. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

sounds a little high to me. around 3k would be better maybe less, but its all what you want to pay

9. avc8130

avc8130 Member

Bought the plow tonight. Picked the truck side and am just about done with wiring install. Will button up wiring tomorrow and install mounts. I will be grabbing the plow Friday. I'm pretty excited.
    ac

10. kevink1973

kevink1973 Junior Member

good deal and good luck

11. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

good luck! Xblade is an awesome unit

12. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

My last plow was an 8' ss xblade . Excellent plow ! The price you paid was in the ballpark . Congratulations.

13. airtime

airtime Member

good price, and a great blade!

14. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I picked up the mounts/harness/controller and got them all installed on the truck so I can go back and get the blade/head gear tomorrow. I didn't cut the valance and I don't like how it squishes with the mounts on. Anyone have tips on how to cut it? Any pics I can follow?
    ac

15. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I had my XBlade on a 2500 Ram . The installer took the valance off .

16. kevink1973

kevink1973 Junior Member

Take an pneumatic exhaust cut off tool to it. It will make a nice cut.My dad uses it like a doctor w/a scalple for many diff applications

17. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/64015.03_100108.pdf

If the mount you bought did not come with installation instructions, here they are. Page 4 has a before and after image of the required trimming.

18. avc8130

avc8130 Member

The required trimming is pretty apparent now that I have the mount on pushing on the valance. The new question is what method to use? I'm not sure what a pnematic exhaust saw looks like...but I do have air tools.
    ac

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing he means a rotary cutoff type.....

20. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I picked up the plow today. Definitely need some Timbrens to hold this front end up! The SS looks awesome on my truck!

I am experiencing some technical difficulty. The headlights on the plow don't turn on. The high beams work, but the lows do not. I checked all of the plugs and they are all plugged in. Fuses look good. Headlights work on the truck with the plow disconnected. Any suggestions?
    ac