1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check your push plate bolts!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 02powerstroke, Jan 23, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I was washing my truck this afternoon and noticed that a bolt was completely missing and one was missing the nut and about to fall out of my Fisher push plates. I put this back on this spring did not plow at all this summer and have about 25 hours of use this season.

hopefully Its not messed up from being loose. :realmad:

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

all plow manufacturers state to re-torque all bolts after 10 hours. you would be surprised how they loosen.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i lost a bolt on an old meyer last year bent the sh*t out of everything. expensive fix :cry:

4. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I lost the step pin on my fisher EZ-V last winter while plowing a lot. Finished plowing the lot went back to the shop and put in a new pin. Gotta love fisher they are built like tanks. Normally I wouldn't have done this but I had a time dealine to have the lot open by and I didn't have a jack that sat low enough in the truck to align the pin hole.

02 Powerstroke what kind of bed is that on your superduty it is sharp looking?

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

We check ours every storm... I don't know why or how, but they loosen like crazy. We have replaced many of the bolts with better quality ones.