1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check your info before you post it.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by avalancheplow, Mar 6, 2005.

1. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Why do people post what they think the law is but they happen to be wrong. I have been reading post lately where someone says X and then someone will say NO its Y, And they argue about it and nobody shows proof!! In the end the guy who swore Y was right is wrong and everyone is more confused. :dizzy: or vice versa. If someone asks for about a rule or state law can we start providing some proof of our anwsers or more than just "No its blah blah blah" because thats what I think. Anyone else with me?

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You're not referring to that CDL thread over in the Ford Truck Discussion by any chance are you :rolleyes: These forums are for help and advice. I agree with you that if someone can back up what they are saying great. But if they can't they should still be able to say it, but they should also mention that this is just what they've heard, think, learned, whatever. Also, the reader or the person asking questions should not always take what is said in these forums as the fact and truth. I'm not saying that people are lying left and right and that nobody knows what they are talking about. There is great info on this site and others and there are people who have a wealth of knowledge to share. Just think twice about what you read and write.

3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

It also has to do with others like lights, DOT numbers just to name a few.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There was a thread on here not to long ago, that I gave some simple information on,...and I was DEAD WRONG. I just can't remember what thread it was...So, I can be the first to stand up - and say that it has CERTAINLY happened to me. :blush2:

Here, I found it...this is only ONE example that I know of. lol
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=21001&highlight=wrong

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Everyone has an opinion. You wan't facts go straight to the source.

I would not rely on someone's opinion for a serious issue.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Because usually people are posting their opinions or what they believe to be true. For the most part, the people posting are not lawyers, accountants, engineers etc. I'd say, if you want a definitive answer, pay someone trained in that area. On a board like this, you're going to get more opinions. And we all know about opinions.

On matters of law, it often depends on the State/Province etc. Given that we have more then one country represented here (there have also been European posters), you can't even say something applies because it's required by the DOT (USA type).

Bottom line - people make mistakes. Don't take something from one of these sites as the final word on any subject.

7. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I find it funny how little people know of the law. Not in a bad way exactly, but in a sense that it is hard to easily access the info. When I got my DOT number, I could not find any info on the regulatins for my state. When I found them, you had to pay for this huge book. I sold my big truck, and said screw it. They are quick to site for violation, but not helpful to provide you with the regs.