1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this truck out

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I had an 04 1500 and loved it. I know the earlier 2000 models got better mileage than current ones. Im only getting about 16 mpg in my 06 cummins. I've heard around 19-20 with 03-04 models. I'd try to work on the price a little though. 07's are out. I only paid $39,000 for my new 06 in April.
  3. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

more like 15-17 MAYBE on the 04's.....I have two 04 diesels. price is a bit h. You guys want a truck that will move......buddy is selling his 03....fully loaded. leather, heated seats, etc.....the good stuff........honed injectors, tst chip, guages, smart exaust brake, south bend clutch, AFE intake, AFE exaust system.four door long bed six speed.....asking 28k. DISGUSTINGLY FAST and still very good for work.
  4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I had an 04 1500 4x4 Hemi quad cab. Granted it wasnt a diesel but it ran fast, lots of power, and smooooth. Very nice ride. Only down site, was it had a very poor turning radius. Other wise a nice truck.
  5. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

At that price you could get a new truck. Check out Flemington Dodge. They treated me really good. No complaints at all.

Joe Orlando was the sales guy and Dennis O'brien was the sales manager.
  6. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

my one 04 was 33k. But the one I was talking about has probably 10k into it on top of the sticker , its a good deal for that much truck.
  7. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

In my opinion, I would not buy a truck that has been bombed. Injectors, chips etc.... all lead to problems with warranties from the dealer.
  8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

My $.02

Truck looks good, but you could pick up an '06 for around 33k after rebates especially since the '07s are out. I agree with Bryan, I wouldn't buy a truck already worked because you don't know who did the work and if it was done right. I am not saying that the truck Cutter is talking about wasn't done right, by no means. If I sold my truck it would definetly be returned to stock as it would be easier to sell. Most of the 04 and up trucks used are selling for $22-25k depending on mileage, condition, etc....

As far as mileage goes, the 03-early 04 trucks got the best mileage of the 3rd gen CR motors. (555tq) I average about 16-18mpg with 4.10's, auto, and 35's. 6 speed trucks get a little better. I still think 16 mpg is great considering the truck weighs over 7k. Good luck in looking for a new truck.
  9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If you get the 3.56's you get better milage you know.....

I get 16 in my 96 with 4:10's, and an auto, the same truck with the 3:56's gets 24+....

There's plenty of torque in the front to allow a 3:56 with any CTD...

What's the deal with the weight of your's? Mine only weighs 6500lbs...
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

a lot of guys have good points with the prices but about the truck...the engine will run forever and itll pull a house down they get great fuel mileage because they are 6 cyl but they are as tough as 8 cyl i love my 03 and i have 3 dodges all together and love them
  11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just check around on new trucks before you buy that Dodge....you dont wanna buy it and realize 3 weeks later....dammit!!! :mad: I found my '04 F-250 w/ 40K on it for around $25000, that the only reason I bought it because I was lookin for a Duramax but couldnt pass that price. I will agree though, very nice truck! :)
  12. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I just bought my 06 in August and only paid 35k with the bumper to bumper extended warranty. I think you should be able to get into that truck for no more than 25 or 26k. Looks in the pics like it is a long bed as well? Not a very PLOW -friendly combo with a long bed AND big cab unless I guess you are already used to it. Just my .02
  13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

They don't offer 3.55's anymore with the 3rd gens, only 3.73's and 4.10s. I was counting 7k with my full toolbox, full fuel tank, and my fat ass in the driver's seat.

RODHALL Senior Member

While it may be a nice truck, not going to be the best plow truck, truck white snow white, so it is not going to as visible as some others are.

I made the same mistake and bought a truck that was red with a white center band. During plow season, the truck looks all white. I have to paint mine another color, just so you can see.

This is mine at 20 ft away
    http://www.cacuda.com/New Folder/DSC02752.JPG
    This 150 ft or so away
    http://www.cacuda.com/New Folder/DSC02768.JPG
    http://www.cacuda.com/New Folder/DSC02765.JPG
  15. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I don't know that color should play out in your decision unless you are looking for something specific or for an insurance break. My truck is white and I have no problem seeing it as long as my beacon light is on... which is why its the LAW in ohio that you have to have a 360 degree visible flashing light.
  16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i can see that truck just fine