1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this trip edge out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alamarc, Oct 12, 2005.

1. alamarc

alamarc Member

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Old subject. Goes back a few years. Do a search, it was a hot topic for a while.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I could not find anything on it. Has anyone used this setup and does it work? I would like more info on it.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't like it, I'd rather have the whole plow tip..

6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Looks ugly.

7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I don't care how it looks. As long as it works good and gets down to black top while back blading.

8. danno

danno Senior Member

I just called them and they want 900.00+ without install :eek:. Too much for my blood!

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

great idea, but for $275 you can have a hinged backdrag blade welded on. Floats when pushing, pops down vertical when reversing.

10. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Exactly. And no moving parts or extra hydraulics to fail.

jp

11. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

does anyone have pics of what the backdrag blade looks like and how it mounts?

12. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Backdrag Blade for a Fisher Plow

Woody,

I found some pictures of a backdrag blade that can be welded onto your fisher plow on this site last year. I will be welding one on my plow in a few weeks. I don't have time to resize the files but if you send me an email I can send them to you. My email is bjhglass@aol.com

13. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

It's basically a steel edge (like what's bolted to your trip-edge... in fact, you can just use an old edge, flipped upside-down), with a few pieces of angle iron welded to it, then bolted to the moldboard frame so it can swing freely.

jp