1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this thing out!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rb8484, Jan 12, 2010.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

2. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Thanks for sharing
  3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

that thing looks awesome
  4. loudredram

loudredram Member

Got the chance to demo one last week.... DEERE dealer brought one out last week for the day and it was nice to run down the road but did not like the soft stuff buried it with some big wigs from the dealer there didnt like grading slopes with it either
  5. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

I run alot of equipment and honestly i cant see to many benefits of it. Ya its fast but its just to damn big, and long. 4 tracks instead of 2 are gonna have alot more ground pressure, worse on slopes (pretty much what loudredram said), and from what i saw it actually has to turn instead of rotate. And again, its just to damn long and big...
  6. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

So how much snow can it plow? jk

I've seen the video quite awhile back. Glad they're out now. Looking forward to seeing one on a job site.
  7. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

throw ya a oh idk id go with a 30 pusher on the front of that bad boy and sign on to 3 walmarts! :laughing::laughing: on a serious not tho... very cool
  8. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Actually 4 tracks is less. Compare a Case IH Quad with a T series JD in the mud. Or even a Cat. The quad's better
  9. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

I can't see a purpose for it doing dirt work. No benefit over a standard dozer except crossing streets with no damage but let's be honest how often do you really need to cross streets with a dozer? From my experience not many.

I don't know if the previous poster was kidding about a pusher but that seems like the only thing it could really do.
  10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

I think JD made it with large highway projects and stuff of that nature in mind. True it would be slow becuase of its size on a small worksite but with higher speed then a conventional dozer and better visibility to the blade i think it would up production quite a bit compared to a two tracked dozer.
  11. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

12. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

13. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

I think that Deere came up with these to start to phase out the scraper tractor version of their large 4X4 tractors. If you look at the footage in most of the videos, it shows them primarily pulling scrapers, land planes, sheep's foot rollers ect as well as some light grading work.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd put a 20 or 30 foot pusher on that thing and go to town. Using loader to stack not plow with. Whats the price tag for one of those bad boys? I want one.
  15. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

It seems to be nothing more than a rubber tire dozer, minus the heavy weight and rubber tires. I work in the heavy highway business and don't see a single place where this machine will fit. There are much better suited machines that already do the work just fine. I think the engineers at JD were watching too much OCC and Monster Garage.