1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this out ..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 16, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Its as%hole% like that that give us landscapers and snow operators a bad name.

3. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

True, instances like that make it very easy to label us as scam artists, no wonder so many new customers are apprehensive about paying in advance.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I dunno- I'm thinking that the first guy bit off more than he could chew and the second is a con artist. Con's are in every field, especially when the elderly are involved. Im my opinion, it's their own fault for the second one- they shouldn't have given him a check without the contract in hand.
    They give us all a bad name, but there's nothing that really can be done about them. Just like the few idiot bikers that ride like jack a$$'s giving the rest of them a bad name.

Legislate rules and regulations simply raises the cost of doing business which raises the cost of services to customers- often above what they can and are willing to pay. Thus stagnating an industry, if you will, and creating the perfect market for those skirting the law or low balling.

5. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

yeppers!:waving:

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe people should do a little reseach before hiring a snow removal company.

7. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

You really hate to here things like this. My only question is that did the couple call these guys after a storm to plow and if they did, did the guys atleast plow after the money was paid? They said that they had 20" of snow in there drive.
    I dont't know but if it was me hireing some one to do a service like plowing and there was 20" in my drive I might just ask them to plow on there way out. I mean they are there anyway.

8. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

contracts

It was Bad luck for that couple that got stiffed by the contractor...And us guys trying to get our customers to pay up frount...and maybe push for 3 yr contracts...?? This is very hard to do
    Put your self in this position...You want your driveway paved...Joes or whoever paving gives you a price...Then he wants 1000 bucks before he starts...What are you going to tell him??
    So many people get stiffed with contractors...You can have all the fancy trucks paper work etc... you still can be a crook these days
    Leteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer snow:D

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I don't know about other States but in Ohio it's called
    "Theft from the Elderly" and it's a big time charge.
    Offenders get their picture in the paper and the details printed too. Which may prompt other people to come forward with complaints.They don't play around with these people that pray on the Elderly, just like it should be.