1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check THIS out...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JasonJ, Dec 15, 2003.

1. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

2. muddy00

muddy00 Member

Ok And I thought I had too much time on my hands, I guess we missed the monster Garage episode of this one.
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

you gotta be shi**in me, who in there right mind would do something like this. I am watching the auction cause I gotta see what this thing ends up going for.

Talk about maintenance, he's got the lifts cause the thing probably breaks down after every event.:dizzy:

And oh yeah, you can pick up parts for this at the local Western dealer, yeah right !!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Who's turn is it to post that link tomorrow? :rolleyes:

That's a really cool truck, but someone posts that link about every day. :nono:
  5. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Sorry to say guys... this auction was around last year and or the year before... try doing a search on here.... can't remember when... but its been a while.....

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I think that is one VERY well engineered plow vehicle.

He'll never get what he spent out of it, so even if it goes real high, it's still a deal if you ask me.

I could find a LOT of uses for it myself!

Its currently at $5100, and it will be worth every penny it ends up selling for.

Its certainly NOT a joke!
  7. bcf

bcf Senior Member

all that and they couldn't include a CD player. Not worth it then:)
  8. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I recall that item from last year also. It is cool but what a white elephant! He could have bought the same thing professionally manufactured for less than the $96k he spent creating Frankenstein's truck :D

If money was no issue I would build the same thing just for kicks but reality says no :p
  9. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

How about driving it through manhattan and sucking up pedestrians :eek: :eek: :eek:
  10. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

You have got to admit, it would be fun taking for it a spin down the street!

I can see it now.. 'Would like your driveway snowblowed? I can put the snow on your roof or in neighbors yard across the street!.

Imagine the clause in your contract.. Not responsibe for anything left in your driveway during a storm, including small vehicles.

Ahh, but I am sure it is no match for a snowbe*r
  11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

That truck has been posted on ebay atleast 5 times now.I dont think it will ever sell.
  12. TSG

TSG Member

13. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

It looks like a +++ Swiss Army +++ rig.:bluebounc

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

HOLY CRAP!:eek:
    This guys a freeegin' lunitic! Wonder if he's hiring to build this stuff?! He probably has to sell it because it SOUNDS like a helicopter!
  15. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

This guy is either single, or has the most understanding wife in the world.
    My wife gets ticked when my projects are in the garage for even 2 days.
    As much as I want to call this guy crazy, He's exactly like my grandpa. He would build this kind of stuff also. (I would test them). Like the go-cart I tested...Oh, tomorrow's the day you mount the brakes....:eek:

16. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

that truck again:mad:
  17. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

the floating lawn chair and the Frankentruck reminds me of Rube Goldburg - the guy that complicated everything he built. I like the quote: "Everything in the design says quality" except that it looks like a lawn chair on a freakin' pontoon! for a mere $7100.00
  18. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

I had no idea that truck has been around the block so many times, I saw it for the first time the other day. I can imagine that no one will ever buy it. That lawn chair contraption would be easy to build and definately way cheaper than the amount they are asking.
  19. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

People laughed at Henry Ford toooooo......just wait, if that guy refines that lawn chair, and finds the right nitch, and markets it just right, he'll make millions.:nod:
  20. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

This guy is ALREADY a MILLIONAIRE. No need to wait!

This is a case of a creative millionaire with a very ingenious and handy groundskeeper.