1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this out!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BushHogBoy, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Found this beast pushing a couple of rural driveways on my way to go pull out a jeep today... i had to stop and snap a couple pics and ask him about it. He said it does dry stuff good but clogs easily with wet stuff and it doesn't blow it too far, even with the PTO speed cranked pretty good... I mentioned it may help to sand down the chutes and repaint and keep it waxed good... Said they use it to move snow back off the roads where you can't push it off in areas. Quite a machine, he said it was maybe 20-25 years old? The chutes do angle with hydraulic motor and chain/sprocket drive...
    The front blade I think is a John Deere blade, its full hydraulic 10' with angle but no trip. the drives he was pushing were gravel so it didn't matter much i guess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Be a nice sidewalk machine.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Pekin, IL is about 10 min from where I live. I have alot of family from there....in fact I grew up till 4th grade there. Never heard of S&W welding? Did a quick search but didnt come up with anything on that thing? I will ask my grandpa next time I see him about it. Something tells me that blower is over 25yrs old, but maybe i'm wrong. Interesting setup to say the least.

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

lol

Wish i'd had him follow me to where that Jeep was.... 2000 Grand Cherokee V8 bone stock stuck in a drift down a road that hadn't been plowed once but had ruts going back to where he was, go through a dip and its drifted real deep there... I got the strap tight then slid into the ditch trying to pull him... a S10 blazer on 31's showed up and a mid 90's Powerstroke but they both got stuck trying to get to me, and one of the guys' Impala he drove too far down the lane... Called my boy Matt out to bring his Dodge on 37's and Brandon to bring his Cherokee locked front and rear, 33" TSL SX's and a winch... Matt was driving through the field and ditches in circles to make fun of us and pulled us all out, took him and the Cherokee to get the Grand Cherokee out though.... we had a good time... I bout smoked my tranny bouncin rev limiter in low bangin gears tryin to get out after unhooking from the jeep before Matt got there... plow mount and axles hung me up, bald 245 Timberline MT's and snow to the bottom of the cab... lol... My tranny doesn't shift as crisp now going into 2nd and alot worse going into 3rd
    Good thing this truck is gettin parked in a couple days when i get the diesel together then the drivetrain is gettin yanked from this one anyhow for a diesel swap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and under the rear end...
    [​IMG]

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Yea it looks like it maybe from the 60's or something maybe early 70's

6. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

yeah its an old one. they use them type of blowers on trains mostly.

7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

The chutes on the blower are not tapered /should be wider at the bottom and narrower at the top to give it the distance. Quite a impressive blower though

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Showed the pics to a buddy and apparently he knows the guy that owns it. He seems to think it does a good enough job as it is LOL idk i didn't see it in action he was just pushin the drives with blade... i'd love to see the blower at work :)