1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check this out -THE LIFT SAVER

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FIREMAN Q, Jan 10, 2012.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

http://theliftsaver.com/

I just got a flyer in the mail for this. Thought I would share. Whats your thoughts?

in the right arrangment it would probably work well but a pain if you had to do it each property you went to.

2. nick4634

nick4634 Member

no, just no. so now i would have almost 1200 lbs hanging off the front of my truck and the weight would be even farther from the axle. not to mention how awkward it would be to drive with it.

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

That would make it a little harder to see, and the police might pull you over just to check it out lol

4. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Only $545! What a Deal. This has bad idea written all over it.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Pass,lol I know in PA you can only be somewhere around 41" off the front of the bumper. I never actually measured how far the plow sticks out but to add another 3-4ft, no thanks. Sorry but that just isn't a good idea imo.

6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

holy crap that is a terrible idea! how many times does your plow hit the ground when going over transitions? that and it would stick waaay out there and just begging to hit something with it.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

What it you have a vee?

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

So what happens when u get to a lot with 6" of blowing snow blocking the entrance. You have to get out of the truck and take a snowblower off before you can clear a path.. dont get it at all.

9. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Not to mention your lights would be useless as well.
    This is just a terrible idea....looks good in theory, and nice site but I bet there are going to be some big law suits over that one.

edit....just watch the video....hahaha, too funny

10. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

yeah because when i get to my lots i want to run out and unload that baby before i push the snow off them. that's crazy i cant believe that they have put that much in advertising and marketing for that thing. that's why there are trying to see it for 500 bucks.... REALLY?? REALLY?

11. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I def don't like the idea of hanging that much weight that for off truck. In the video it shows the truck squatting quite a bit.... What about plow pump... Sure it's not designed for that... Doesn't look like it can lift it up all the way either

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

This is probably my fault.... A few years ago I posted about using a ratchet strap to do that exact same thing. I only had to go a couple miles and only did it once....you do get some funny looks. lol. Been there done that...wouldn't make it a habit.

13. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i actually hang my V box off there......it makes it easier to see behind me.

14. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Really someone came up with that? I use my blower for ballist at the other end of the truck!

15. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

If you are a landlord with a bad back who still would like to maintain your properties yourself then you would want this device. It has it's place.

16. AugustArborists

AugustArborists Member
    from Wyoming

When are they going to come out with one that'll hold a Gator?

17. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

If there was a way to hang it off the back and lift it off the ground without being in the actual bed, then maybe.

18. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Turn that blower around and leave it running for push backs.

19. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

even for the accounts that you dont need the blower for you have to unload it...seems dumb

20. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

When will the one to pick up fords to get them out of my way come out?:salute: