1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this one out....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I put a bid in with this guy weeeeeeks ago, gave him a VERY GOOD price and look where it got me. He's a good guy and has no clue about snow plowing. I sat with him for about an hour telling him about what to expect, bla, bla, bla. I just dont want him to get some nit wit in there which he is going to get with this ad on Craigs List...

Hello! My name is XXX and I own the XYZ restaurant (which see's on an average of 150 inches per season) . I am looking for someone/a company to plow and salt our parking lot. I'd really like to offer you and your family unlimited free food for a whole year for plowing and salting. In addition to free food for you and your family, I would also love to provide catering orders for your other clients as a way for you to reward them and get your name out there. For example, we could provide lunch for your "client of the week" and feed their whole office/business, etc.

If you are not interested in free food, and can beat $25/hour for plowing, also feel free to call and let me know that up front.

Do not call to schedule a time to come out and look at my lot. Feel free to come by and drop an estimate any time you want. Ask for XXX. If I'm not here, leave your estimate with one of my managers. We are open Monday-Saturday 6:30AM-10:00PM.
  2. Brian Young

By my calculation's thats about 9k in food. Who the he!! could eat that much fast food. If the average meal is 8.00x2 (for adults) and 6.00 for kids meals x2. Thats roughly 30.00 with tax which means you would have to eat there over 300 times to break even.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

$25 per hour! Wowzers!
  4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

so this is what its come to...will work for food...:eek:
  5. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

:laughing::laughing: as a member of SIMA do they teach us how to salt french fries....lol maybe you should consider a new carrer.....in the fast food industry, i mean if you have to break it down to PLOWING FOR LUNCH ....lol.. just my opinion sir...:laughing:
  6. Brian Young

Just to clarify...my bid was monetary ONLY! LOL He might want to be careful, he could get a family like the Klump's :laughing:
  7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Sad part is, some schmuck that doesn't understand his cost of doing business, will take this job.
  8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'd take him up on it. Be sure to write a good contract that states he gets unlimited plowing at that address, and you get unlimmited food for your family, and unlimited catering for your other customers.

The first week you feed an HOA of 60 houses.... the second week you feed an entire apartment complex... the third week is free food for all the employees at your biggest retail lot. ETC ETC....

After he caters about $25k in food maybe he will get the point.
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, If i was 19 again, we could break him.
    "no, you leave now, you scare my wife"

oh yeah, unlimited buffet.
    Lobster, steak, prime rib, no salads, just put it over here, I'll take it home for the chickens.

and I'd have a really big crew. Plowsite would be well represented.
  10. Brian Young

I would hook every plow brother out there up!
  11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I know a guy who plows a restaurant for coffee break and lunch. Another who plows for free haircuts for his family.
  12. Brian Young

I can see trading off SOME services but a whole year. They only thing you would gain from this would be about 100lbs,lol
  13. Brian Young

LOL, I had a friend kicked out of a chinese buffet. He said after his 6 or 7th plate the owner came out and said you ned to leave, you eat too much foo,lol
  14. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

They use to kick our football team out of a local buffet. We called to get a reservation, and the owner was there that night, he was surprised how much we could eat. The next week, we went, and they ran out of food. The third week, they would take our reservation and kicked us out when we went in. It's very good food too
  15. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I got asked to plow a mc'ds a couple years ago for free food. lol I think someone actually does it.
  16. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I have seen a Mc d's lot that is barely ever plowed. I even left them a business card after eating breakfast with 3 of my buddies that plow. Never heard anything from them. $ plow trucks sitting in their lot and nobody showed up while we were there. There about 45 minutes. lol
  17. Brian Young

I was going to trade off services for free food. It was a pizza place with the BEST wings in town, we were doing a place 45 seconds away and the lot was 15x30ish, barely enough room for 4 cars and a straight push. We would have been there for, oh, I don't know 20 seconds,lol. But he never called back.
  18. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Nothing wrong with some bartering, I mow a carwash in exchange for wash passes, always keep my trucks clean as well as a couple times a year i get passes for all my customers. They love it and it works out for the car wash too because almost everyone stops at the vacuums to spend some money while they're there and usually come back for more washes over time. I plow there too but its too much blacktop for bartering payup
  19. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Cash is king.