1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this mount out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mxrider069, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Check out this mount I saw in the shop today. I saw the receiver was at a weird angle from 7 cars down on the lift. I walked down and grabbed hold of the receiver and the whole mount moved. I took a better look and the welds crack right off. Also the bolt thats inside the frame rail has pulled THREW the frame rail(not the one you can see) This was all on a 2002 GMC 2500HD with a 8' PRO plow no wings

I figure the guy hit something real hard? I dont know thought id share

IMG_20110308_143107.jpg

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Most of the damage I see is when the bolts that hold the mount on losen up and don't get tightened up. Then the constant movement starts to tear and rip the frame and mount.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Yup, thats broke alright! At our shop we offer a one hour pre-season tune up / inspection and we see all kinds of things like this. It's the ones we don't see that concern me. Like any other piece of heavy use machinery they must be maintained and inspected. Remember that old TV comercial that said "you can pay me now or you can pay me later?" They never mentioned that it costs a lot more when you pay later.