1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check this dude out.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I saw this on my way home from my last account today.

2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Atleast he missed the phone pole. HaHa
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

doesn't look like the v-box was full...if it was the weight shift might have taken the whole thing all the way over:cry:
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

gotta love township workers...
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

we had a salt truck roll over last week. Took two tow trucks & a backhoe to get it back up and on the road. Can anyone say...FREE SALT!!!!:redbounce

6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

This morning around 4am one of the city trucks around here, it was smoking. Must have blew a trans or motor. I bet he got a pay cut.
  7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Bet he had to check his undies after that one!
  8. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I didn't see it, but some highway guy in the DC area had his bed tipped to get the last bit of sand out and was driving down one of the interstate highways.

Can anyone guess what happened???
    Probably some of these :eek: :cry: :angry:

Jammed it under a bridge. Then about 20 minutes later the radio is saying another plow truck is on fire somewhere. Then 20 minutes LATER, they say it is the same truck wedged under the bridge, only now it is on fire...

I feel pretty bad for that guy!!!! Try explaining that one to your boss..."no sir first I got it wedged.... and then it caught on fire :rolleyes: "
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Those city workers will do anything for a break.LOL

BTW I used to work for the city for 14 years
  10. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

In my home town....

In my home town the guys used to hit something to break an edge or something so they would have to bring the truck in for repairs(when they got tired).They used to go into the back room for a snooze while the mechanics where fixing the equipment.
    The boss figured out what was going on now the driver has to help the mechanic repair the truck.lol
    Not so many repairs now.
  11. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

Gotta Love Those Township Guys...Gives Us State Guys Job Security...And Hell Yeah He Had To Change His Pants for Sure!!
  12. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Think he jumped out the high side?

What are the odds he really soiled his drawers and jumped out the high side?
  13. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

Knowing town guys like I do....Odds were HIGH!!
  14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

lol, because you are perfect!

I know many town guys, they are fire fighters, etc... etc... just trying to make some extra cash. They make mistakes, it's part of life. Everyone seems to like to pick on them. Maybe because they are well paid and get decent hours considering they don't have to invest in equipment. Maybe because it's they get to drive bigger equipment? Who knows.

But for every township guy I've seen in a ditch, I've seen a contractor in the ditch, or backed into a light standard or broken equipment.

They are just guys trying to make a living like you are I. Why does everyone pick on them?
  15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

And to think people say we can't drive.....
  16. frostservices

frostservices Member

Give the guys a break,
    My dad works for the township year round and has 25 miles of roads he takes care of,he works all alone they won`t hire hime full time,so no benefits no paid vacation,hes been doing it over 20 years never wrecked a truck, fixes most things that break in an unheated building which the snow can blow in , some of the ice storms we get a 4x4 truck weighing 30,000#,chains all the way around, sliding down hills where most of you wouldn`t drive with a pickup truck with chains on .And he gets paid $13 an hour and they kick about overtime although some weeks he will have 80 hours in they pay monthly so the next couple weeks you may have 20 hours so you get no overtime. So before you go calling people names trade places with them for awile.
  17. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Current town worker in Maine here, and I have seen many stupid mistakes that state workers have made. No body is perfect.
  18. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

well the guys in my area are a joke... why does it take 14 guys and 1 million dollars worth of trucks and equipment to fill a pot hole with cold patch that is outta the pothole by the end of the day. a buddy of mine works for a privatized company who maintains a bunch of towns equipment. i've seen first hand what the township guys do just so they can break the truck and head to the shop to get paid to sleep......
  19. frostservices

frostservices Member

I`m not sure about there but around here there is no township's that have 14 guys working for them or even close to a million dollars in equipment. Most townships have 1 maybe 2 trucks a backhoe with loader a mower tractor and maybe a road grader they have one full time guy and sometimes a second part time. So I`m not sure what your referring to but it sounds more like city or county to me , if they have that much equipment or manpower. Try to get your facts straight before posting.
  20. We run 16 pieces of equipment every snow storm all the way from one ton pickups to loaders out plowing the streets,town parking lots, 3 schools, 2 cemeteries,sidewalks and 5 town owned buildings. Yes we do have mishaps and breakdowns but on 99% of the storms we have nothing go wrong. Many people do not realize that we are out for the whole duration of the storm where as most private contractors start plowing at a couple of inches and in most cases don't work around the clock. A few hours rest will make a big difference in a drivers alertness.

About the other comment about breaking the trucks to get a break, is not true with our department as we have a mechanic on duty through out the entire storm. If any breakdowns do happen, we usually have the parts in stock for common breakdowns, and if they will take a while to fix or are ones we do not have the parts on hand we have a couple extra trucks that can go out and plow.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2005