1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out what I got today!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JohnnyU, Mar 28, 2003.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I finally broke down and bought the sales pitch at the local dealer. Walked out with the ECCO 5135 mini lightbar for $127.99

Not too bad, it has the rubber belt drive, so it wont sound like a coffee grinder!

[​IMG]

I'll take and post some pictures when I get it mounted and wired!

-John

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice unit! Be sure to take some pics! :D

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The seasons over and you just bought a light?get with the times man:D ,I wanna see a nice clean install now,no chop jobs:p ,Looks like a nice unit,good luck with it:waving:

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

hehe, I had to work all season to get it, lol.

Actually I wanted to get one since last spring, but never did, and since I just decided to build a new headache rack, I decided to get the light as well.

I'll get some pictures of the installation and with it on, it looks pretty cool, 480 fpm!

-John

5. myo

myo Senior Member

Nice lightbar, have to get me one of those for my truck... Can't wait to see some pics.

6. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hey John,
    I have the same light on my dually. Just got it past fall. works good, but the flash pattern seems a little fast compared to the Whelen and Star we use on other trucks. Nice, bright and a bit quieter than others though. so far, so good.

dually2.jpg

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Well I got it mounted and wired the other day. Here are a few pics:

[​IMG]
    This one also shows the headache rack that I designed and built over spring break.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to get somemore pictures this weekend. I'm going to be pulling off the rack and adding a few more support buttresses to try to minimize the amount of vibration at the top of the rack.

-John

p.s.- Szorno, I kind of like the flash pattern, much more attention grabbing than the FedSig highliter, and its sort of hard to take a picture of, as you can see. The rubber belt drive is so much quieter than the old plastic gears, you can hardly hear it turning!