1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check out this truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowsniper1, Aug 17, 2009.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

check out this 6x6 truck

this guy lives 2 house from my brother.its a 2000 f250 diesel he had converted to haul his 5th wheel.it was done by usa 6x6.he has all 3 axles with selectible lockers.it look factory.to bad he said it suck in snow.he paid 12000 for the conv. and it took them 4 mo to complete it

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I used to see an obs f-350 that had 2 rear axles but was a dually back in the day driving around town. It was def different.Damm 12Gs doesnt make it sound so cool.
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That looks cool as hell...probably hell turning around though
  4. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

I wonder how hot the engine gets towing the trailer with the spare mounted in front of the grill, guess he can't keep it underneath the box with the extra axle.
  5. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

damn that is a cool looking truck, but that truck must get real hot with the spare mounted where it is
  6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

the guy must have $$$ to blow...for $12k he could have bought a 2000 model semi and still have a decent looking pickup to get groceries with....
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You would have thought they would at least use a long bed. What a complete waste of money.

I'm telling Obama........
  8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

+1 on the longbed part. For a $12k job that could have been done a little, nicer? cleaner? The middle triangle thingy between the wheels shouldnt be there. And if he had $12k just, sitting there...why didnt he trade in that truck, and buy an F-350 or F-450 dually??
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A couple of years ago I saw a Dodge with tandem rears. But they used a reg cab, and made a 10 foot bed. It was more of an offroad truck than for towing. That tire on the front says all you need to know about this yahoo.
  10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

And it looked like a zebra. I think its down to just one rear axle now but with the bed cutout for 2 still.

I just saw a tandem axle ford 90's ish dump dually in elgin the other day. it had a 12 or so foot dump bed on it and a toolbox between the cab and box. it looked funky
  11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I think it was.
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you talked to him much about how well the conversion was done and if he is happy with the work?

I've read more bad things about usa 6x6 then I've seen people who are happy with their work.
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I woulda bought another truck with $12k. But that's just me I guess. lol
  14. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

hes been real happy with it the only prob.hes had in 85000 miles was a driveshaft between the back axles.he also said it was the only short box they built

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

16. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter what brand you drive, that T-Rex is cool. Typical Dodge. How much horsepower/functionality can we put around this seat.
  18. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

should have bought a 4500 kodiak or F450, what a dumb idea for 12 grand
  19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Why is it that I envision JD DAVE posting a video of him in that truck at the Caledon Truck Pull?
  20. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

must have money to do that and then to take the axl out what a waste of money i bet it eats tires on the rear from spragging :eek: i sell tires payup
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009