1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check Out This Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow11, Nov 8, 2004.

1. snow11

snow11 Junior Member

I saw this plow at home depot today. Its called the snow bear. Is this a good plow for me to get started with. I have a 1994 Nissan XE pickup, 4x4 v6.

has anyone had experience with this plow.

sorry if this is a stupid question, im new here. :bluebounc
  2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Hi Snow. Welcome to Plow Site :waving:

The SnowBear is what's classified as a "personal use" plow, meaning just what it says, that it's best suited for very light duty.

If you go to the main page, click on Personal Use Plowing and then click on "Snowbear owners please read" you'll find out plenty about the SnowBear plow.
  3. Slowplow

Slowplow Junior Member

Snow11 - Nissan and Snow Bear

Did you decide to buy the Snow Bear? I have the same truck and am thinking about doing the same thing. If you did, any pictures?
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If you are going to be charging people money for plowing, ie providing a service, you should get a plow that has dealer and mechanical support. Just about everyone makes one to fit your truck. snoway, fisher, blizzard, western, etc.
  5. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite :drinkup:
    I run a 95 Nissan V6 4x4. I've been using a sno-way this season and have been real happy with it. A st-80 with down pressure cost me $3,600 installed. I had my reservations about the sno-way product at first, but I really have been impressed with it thus far. The down pressure is the way to go due to the plow being fairly lightweight. I can back-drag a 100 ft drive no problem with the down pressure on, and it also allows for cutting through hard packed stuff very well. I do mostly residential with only a couple of commercial accounts, and I wanted to have a back up plow on hand. I've used the sno-way exclusively since I purchased it.

I also run an old meyer e47 on a 85 chevy suburban. The meyer has been extremely reliable, so I wanted a Meyer homesteader for the Nissan, unfortunately Meyer is not manufacturing sub-frames to fit the older pickups.

The snowbear is a fine personal use product, but if you intend to get into the snowplowing business, you may want a fully hydraulic unit with good and readily available supplier support.

Good luck, Ken
  6. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

snow bear is garbage unless u have a single residential drive to do,,,its built for homeowners... seen them before, you literally have to get out of the truck to manually change angle... like old..old syle plows.. . look at sno-way...nice blade
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I seen them. They are junk. If you going to plow you own driveway only maybe but Why not hire some one and let them deal with the maintenance on the plow. Also if it sold at Home Depot you not going to be able to get parts for it or have any one that can repair it if it break.
  8. Jay51

Jay51 Junior Member

I would go with a name brand that is built for commercial use.
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Holy thread revival :eek:

I think by now he probably has made his decision. prsport
  10. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure why we keep getting 4 and 5 year old threads back from the dead.
  11. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Because all the new guys start using the search button and finding what they are looking for without looking at the date I have almost done it acouple times myself