1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this pickup truck plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm scared to ask a price
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

That is a great set up for doing medium size lots with a Pickup.
  4. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

I wonder if it will scrape any better than a Boss plow? Thats the downfall for us.
  5. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I'm interested in one
  6. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Will you be running any Paul? What is the width and weight of this set-up? Does it have edge or blade trip? Can't post a video like that without more info : )
  7. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thats super cool, looks very productive and if its built like the equipment models it should be durable.
  8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks cool but from the video it doesn't seem to scrape or stack very well. Definitely would cut your time way down though
  9. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Im scared to ask how much that beast weighs....
  10. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Can't tell if it stacks very well. It only showed him stacking once, and we don't know if that was the limit of it's stacking ability. I like the fact that you can pull the wings backwards to contain more snow when back dragging. The wings seem flimsy and bouncy though. I'm not sure about the hydraulics, the wings just seem to bounce all over the place and not stay in a given position.
  11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good for pushing a lot of snow,.....not sure about stacking ability though.
  12. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Either a guy in town is already running this or he has rigged it from one of their other plows. I will ask him.
  13. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

That's a slick set up! I'm guessing the plow lights normally work tho.
  14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I can tell you that Metal Pless puts in the same quality and care in all their products. This plow weighs 1500 lbs and the wings are made with CHT 400 steel. There is nothing flimsy about these wings, looks like the operator is playing with the position of the wings. As for stacking it does not look like the operator ever tried to stack. Definately something to catch on video in the future. Remember this is a 8 foot plow with 28 inch mould board and wings, so when its in scoop mode its moving a ton of snow. Here is another video. http://youtu.be/_YdkD1wFkVw
  15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yes Adam has one of our pickupmaxx plows.
  16. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

So how big are the wings? or how big when it straight out?
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Very interesting...........
  18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

12 feet 8 inches when its fully extended.
  19. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Neige ballpark price? Do you have mounts. Etc.

I may consider it. This makes a wideout look like a tonka toy
  20. Perry.

Perry. Member

Hey Neige i have a off topic question for you about our loader. where is the best place to ask ??