1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this "new" plow...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Camden, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I saw this plow sitting at an ag dealer this morning so I stopped in to see what they wanted for it.

I told the salesman I was interested "in that used box blade you've got sitting in the back"...."OH THAT'S NOT USED", he said!!! He went on to say that it's 4 years old but it's still new :dizzy:

The rubber cutting edge is all cracked up and has holes in it (the size of golfballs). When I told the salesman that he said that it's been used around the yard and that the SUN probably made it deteriorate!

He finally agreed that the cutting edge would probably need to be replaced (new plows usually need new cutting edges, right? :rolleyes:) but they were firm on a price of $2200.

Here's a pic:

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

They drive a hard bargain cam!:rolleyes:
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It was never sold before so it is new. Kind of like car dealers plowing their lot with a new truck and the cutting edge is burned down and rubber stuck in the wheel wells and they say it's new.
  4. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Was the needle still in his arm or did he just put the crack pipe down!!!!:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

is it an 8 ft? what type of mount? with a new edge it might be worth $2000. just sand it and paint it.
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

From what I could make out on the stickers, it's a 8'6". And I agree that a little sandblasting and paint would go a long way....but when's the last time you had to do that to a "new" plow?

It's got a skid steer mount which is why I wanted it. I'll just keep my eyes peeled and I'm sure something will come up...
  7. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

You can get a new one for that price! They are crazy!
  8. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

That is a "NEW" one. It never left the lot
  9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Cam, what dealer was that?
  10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

say its a deal but you want a "new" one that hasnt been "used" before.
    not that new one.
  11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Arnold's in St. Cloud on Hwy 23