1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by flatlander42, Dec 17, 2010.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I have always been thinking a dual arm style of lift would be best. Looks like these guys have made one. I think this way the cutting edge would be constant no matter the height of the blade. Also, you could make it Longer and the stacking ability would be Sweet!

And with a V plow, I think keeping it level would be even more important.

Why are truck mounted plows not done like this? *of course more stout*

I just wanted to post this, because I have not seen a mount like this till now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEpFF1Qurps&feature=related

2. DaveVB

DaveVB Junior Member

Yeah, I was thinking of the manhole that took out our Meyer plow -folded the frame under the truck- I don't know if that kind of lift could be made stout enough and not weigh a ton. Looks good for smaller stuff though.

3. flatlander42

If a manhole took out your plow...Did your blade not trip?

And...would that mean It would have taken out most plows? Including this style maybe....

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I had a small water meter hole in a lot of ours crumple an A Frame on an 8.5. meyer CP plow. Never hit the thing over 4 seasons. Knew where it was and this time the freeze/thaw cycle pushed it up and BAM! Plowed tripped and then raised it and it was sitting sideways. A perfect reason I switched to Fisher plows with trip edge. You hardly feel a man hole when you it them.:salute:

5. SServices

SServices Senior Member

6. flatlander42

See, I learn something new every day!

How about in more of a Medium duty.......or dare I say Light duty setting?

If the trip edge is more forgiving, they should just use that style of trip.