1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check out this deal on ebay

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by meyer22288, Jun 19, 2005.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i think i have found my second plow truck. its item number 4556841159 on ebay. its a 1994 dodge ram 1500 reg cab short bed. it seems like a extremly good price which is why i am interested. its got a fisher plow which looks to be in good shape. it looks like a 8ft but might b a 7.5ft. its got 100,522 miles which isnt to high. it says that it doesnt not start only clicks. what could be wrong with it any ideas? its worth that price just for the plow if u ask me.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck doesn't run, he said it clicks, si that means it needs a starter,battery or alternator. So probably $600-$1000 extra along with the tow. Thats what the problem is.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

94's always rot fast- they had trouble with the undercoating on them. Dealer sticker on left tailgate- scummy dealer in my home town (not shrewsbury tho).

Not bad assuemeing nothing else wrong.
  5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

heres my ?. how long has that heavy plow been on there. it looks like the back end of the truck is about to lift off the ground when the plow is up, looks like bad news to me.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

If you bid and get it, put a set of Timbrens or airbags under the front end.

I plowed with a '95 1/2 ton for 4 years with an 8' Western on it, once we put the Timbrens under it, it was much much nicer.
  7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

So was anyone here the Winning Bidder?
  8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

well i decided not to bid. right now my fleet consits of 3 trucks, a ford f-550 which the plow will b installed sumtimes this summer, im thinking blizzard 8611 or maybe 9ft fisher x blade, a ford f-250, and a 4 banger nissan frontier, its 2wd so it does not plow. the dodge would not have been a good investment as i rly need another f-550 or sumthing along those lines.
  9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thats good you didnt get it. Its to small of a truck imo... Personally, im going to stick with the moddo of not buying a car/truck that has over 100k miles of 10 years on it... and 100k miles on a plow truck, whoa buddy! Who ever bought it, I bet is second guessing themselves and replacing more parts then anticipated.
  10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

yea, premier how do u like that 2001 chevy. i had a 2001 chevy 3500 4x4 dump truck sold it about 4 months ago. it had 60,000miles on it. had the 6.0l gasser and the 4l80e automatic. can you say JUNK lost 2 transmissions in it and the 3rd one was on its way out. the engine was also on its way out when we sold it. not to mention the countless electrical problems. we had an 8ft meyer plow. the truck was worked hard and it pulled the excavator and backhoe just fine. but did not hold up well. first transmission blew at 12,000 miles before it even plowed. hope you have better luck with yours then i did with mine.
  11. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I like mine alot. Thats weird about yours. Maybe a lemon, maybe not... But for me, if its 10years or 100k miles I'll pass. Hopefully none of the issues you had with your chevy will haunt me. But I do have a waranty until 60k or 07.
  12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Um, how do you figure that as bad? 100K miles over 10 years is 10K per year which is way less than the national average of 18K miles per year on a passanger car. My 96 has 126K miles on it and that's low milage!

Anyone contemplating a used plow truck should have the commen sense to estimate what it will need reguardless of milage or age and take bidding or offering price into account- don't you agree?
  13. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

i Agree mileage and age arn't the only factors to consider when buying a truck IMO
  14. Clean & Green

Clean & Green Junior Member

I agree on that one too... I bought a 92 Chevy K3500 7.4L with a Blizzard 810 (cant have been on any longer than 1999) and its got 230,000 miles (the age and the mileage breaks both ruls right away) on it... no major problems... just needed a new water pump, alternator, and spark plugs/wires. starts the first turn every time. Runs great