1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this Church lot... 60,000sqft parking lot how much seasonal? Per push

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by rcoy07, Nov 13, 2014.

1. rcoy07

rcoy07 Junior Member
    from stow

Sorry i was not able to get photos on here I know its always better seeing what your working with. I have a wide open for the most part 60,100 sq ft lot. I have roughly 400 linear ft of sidewalks to do as well. I will be salting but I'm just curious what a ballpark seasonal price would be not including salting. 2 " trigger.
    What would your per push be? 130 per push?

2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

x.012
    ______
    $720.00 per push / all inclusive

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

3 Hail Marys

4. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Well said ! Thumbs Up

5. rcoy07

rcoy07 Junior Member
    from stow

.012? Lol this is my first bid I go to this church and want to give them a fair price. I have a 1/2 ton ford with 7' Myers md2 blade. How many hours would you expect this would take just to plow? You said all inclusive? You talkin sidewalks parking lot and including salt?

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

60ksq, 1/2 ton, 7' blade.....don't know where your located, but hope it's not a place you get more then 2" of snow per event.

7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The lot will take you 3 hours to push with that truck and plow. Here, I would ask for $280 -$300 for plowing and sidewalks. But it would take me about an hour and 15 minutes to push..

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

9. NThill93

NThill93 Member

650-800 depending on how hard it is. I would invest in either a bigger plow or wings or something. I do a church lot similar size and i use all 3 of my trucks and bring in a loader to stack.

10. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Three trucks and a loader for a single 60,000 sq. ft. lot??? Glad you don't manage my business. He's plowing roughly 1.25 acres plus 400 ft. of walks. 1.25 acres takes about 75 minutes to plow give or take for a single truck. And you'd have three trucks and a loader there?

I'd be at 187.50 for plowing per push, not including salting or walks. I can't give you a seasonal bid as I don't know what your yearly snowfall average is, or how many events you average per year. That's a pretty cheap rate (150.00 per hour) since it's your church.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Lol

3 trucks and a loader for a 40 minute plow job?

You must be related to Antlerart.

12. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

So.......What do you get for that lot you put three trucks and a loader on?????...........Hope its more than $600-$800...........:confused:

13. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

^^^^ And 650-800 per push! I'm sure he's got a lot of clients that pay in that range too for that amount of area too!!!

14. NThill93

NThill93 Member

Sorry about that mistook the size of the lot he is doing thought it was a lot bigger. mine is about 3 times the size and theres more than just the lot. and i get 650-800 per plow, the guy before me was getting 1200. again sorry made a mistake on the size

15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well size does matter ya know ;)

16. Jfdvrod

Jfdvrod Junior Member

Plow Price $180
    Salt Treatment: $220
    Sidewalks: Clear and treat $95

17. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I would use only 2 trucks on it So Sorry you don't like way I plow snow
    You think your way is right and I think my way right and faster But if I have time to spare sure one truck can handle it, but early Sunday morning sometimes there not much time before people start coming in for service
    You rather be there for 40mins and my way I only will be there for 20 mins
    :p:waving: Yep you way must be right Here is your Sign:dizzy:

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Lighten up Sally, I've already proved that my way is faster.

19. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You say and I proved my way faster so I guess we both right in some way
    You must have more lots. So you cant run 2 trucks on one. I don't know But My way has work for me 30 yrs around here a lot of snow guys does it same way
    Like one 5 acre lot I have last company ran 3 trucks or the 20 acre lot they have I seen up 6 trucks and one skid.

When you plow by per visit contracts you want to get in there and out there as fast you can cause in a hour you can have 1''-2'' back on the lot
    If one truck there and takes him 1 hr to clean it once you get done where you started at on the lot it can have 1'' or 2'' of new snow.

With my contacts Lots must be clean to count as a visit So that's why I run more then one rig on all my acre larger lots

Maybe you plow by inches then 1 truck will work for you

20. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Damn man you cut him by $550? Man someone would try and kill us here where i am at for that, plus how did ya find out what they used to pay?