1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out the snow beast

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MR. McBEEVEE, Mar 5, 2014.

1. MR. McBEEVEE

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

This is located in southern Ohio. We normally only get two or three snow events each winter. usually 3" or 4". except for this year, of course. It is two wheel drive so It wouldn't work very well in colder climates. He has put chains on the dual tires and added concrete railroad ties for weight. It appears to have been some sort of a semi truck in a previous life. You actually sit sideways in the cab, look to the right to plow, then to the left to back up or to head down the road. not sure how he steers it, whether it is hydraulic or conventional steering wheel. obviously something controls the front wheels. This is not mine but has been around the area for decades. He has put a lot of work into it. Very unique.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.33.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.33.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.34.41 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.34.56 AM.jpg

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That thing is a beast!

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Weird, I wonder if it is allowed on street(ie insured)

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Looks like on the left side part of the plow is missing. I hope its got a automatic transmission I would drive it if it didn't.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That'd be fun to play with.

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

looks kind of like a skidder

7. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Man I would take it.......
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    To the scrap yard.......

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

For the future try right clicking the photo and saving it or copying the URL instead of posting a whole screen shot.

Damn Mac users ;)

9. MR. McBEEVEE

right click?

are you kidding me? i was doing good to get these photos posted! this aggravating mac doesn't even have a right click, or a left click. i guess i shouldn't be attempting something over my head. I better stick to plowing. What the heck is a url?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. MR. McBEEVEE

Is this better?

I am trying to learn

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.33.37 AM.png

11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a one of a kind snow BEAST! Looks like it would be fun.