1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out the NEW videos on the Kage website!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kristin Stephan, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

the product looks intersting but the video is so fast and jerky it just doesn't do justice. Its hard to see how things work on the blade when there are so many popups, rollbacks and everything is speeding by. Those skidsteers are flying by.

I like the ideas of the design and the versitility but does it have enough bulk and how to the endplates work if they hit something/go over speedbump?

3. MIDTOWNPC

ok I just watched the original video. I like that one better. Easier to see stuff and how it works

4. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

midtownpc- The SnowKage product is designed to be least ‘bulky’ as possible to help reduce weight. Since the plow is really the “backbone” of the whole system, the SnowKage frame can rely upon the strength of the plow behind it.

The side panels are elevated from the ground by flexible polyurethane skids, which take the abrasion of the plowing surface, and offer some flexible dampening when hitting obstacles such as curbs or speed bumps.

Also, if the panel gets hit enough to bend it (light pole, retaining wall etc) it is bolt – on replaceable. However, we have not yet sold a side panel replacement for this reason.

I hope this helps!

5. MIDTOWNPC

thanks for the info

how many plow setups you sell last season?

6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder two things.

Is there a sub frame for a 4000 series John Deere?

Are there dealers in my area?

It seems like a good setup. If anyone has one I'd like to find out about their experiances good and bad.

7. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

I bought one last season and I have no complaints about it. I bought the 9 footer for my A300 skidsteer. The videos says it all. The one good thing is you can really stack a lot of snow with it.

8. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

DeVries- Unfortunatley we do not have a subframe for your machine yet. Our closest dealer to you would be Regional Tractor Sales Ltd. located in Freelton. The person you would want to contact is John Hepburn. There number is 905-659-1094 or email rtsl@bellnet.ca.

We have quite a few customers on here. If you search 'Kage' you can see all of their feedback. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns. kristin@kageinnovation.com.

wcb607a- Thanks for the good word:)

9. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks I appreciate the info, maybe I can make a frame up myself.

10. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

What is the cost?