1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out the Grand Rapids Forcast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'll bet nothing's going to happen, yet. We'll be ready, though. For the most part that is.

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Bring it on!!:gunsfiring: I have been ready, especially since I don't do leaf clean-ups. I am ready.:bluebounc

3. lucky

Your lucky. I have a feeling that a bunch of people are going to be pissed when the leaves that are left get burried under snow!

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Eh.... just make sure they know they'll be the first ones to get done in the spring.

Here in MN tonight, we're supposed to get 2-4", with rain all day today....

It's a wait and see game again.

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I dont think anything will stick for too long. The ground is too warm yet. I still have a bunch of fall clean ups and some minor plow prep work, but Im ready to go for the most part.

I think whats really funny is that I am still getting 3,4 calls a day for commercial plowing bids, come on people, its the middle of November and their still collecting bids yet.

6. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

Troy.....Have any call you and tell you they will have to let you know in about 2 weeks????????? Why not say your too high or I am looking cheaper. Who waits till december to pick a snow contractor?

7. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Brian, Im getting calls like this about everyday. They wanted the bids right away, but it will still be a week or two before they know. It seems as soon as they start talking snow in the forcast, people finally start thinking about plowing. Unless its near the areas I plow, I wont even look at it, unless its worth it.

8. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

Troy
    True.......ITs nice to have routes set up but when it keeps getting bigger it gets changed.

9. butters

butters Member

Gaylord Michigan forcast...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 12 PM EST
    THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
    WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 12 PM EST
    THURSDAY.

RAIN SHOWERS WILL CHANGE TO SNOW SHOWERS TODAY...AND BECOME HEAVY
    LATE TODAY INTO TONIGHT. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH NOON THURSDAY
    WILL RANGE FROM 7 TO 14 INCHES...WITH MOST OF THAT FALLING
    TONIGHT. WINDY CONDITIONS WILL PRODUCE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW
    THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING...THOUGH WINDS WILL WEAKEN AFTER
    THAT.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

10. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

its snowing now, starting to accumulate on the grass!

11. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

been snowing & blowing all day here in Big Rapids. Stickin to cars and starting to stick to the ground

12. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Its been blowing and snowing all day, just got in from the salting route. I need to try finish my fall clean ups before the snow sticks around for a while.