1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out my winter wheels for the 2011

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cubicinches, Nov 28, 2010.

1. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

So, my 2011 Silverado came with 18" wheels. I'm a big fan of Nokian Hakkapeliitta snow tires, and they aren't available in 18"... so I was in search of some 17" wheels. The 2011 Silverado HD's have a 8 X 180mm bolt pattern, and the selection of wheels with that bolt pattern is slim, as nothing else uses it. I searched around for takeoffs from a 2011 with 17" wheels, but there weren't many to be had, and the ones that were out there came with tires which I didn't want, and were pretty big money also. I never dreamed I'd buy nice custom wheels to put on for the winter, but after seeing what I'd pay for takeoffs... I wound up with 17" KMC XD Series Spys in black. I'm not big on black wheels, but chrome wasn't available yet in 8 X 180. I guess they look ok with the silver... we'll see what they look like after a season in the salt... :eek: :D

Tell me what ya think...

2011 w spys.jpg

2. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Looks good

3. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Nice! I also like the one piece bumper they put on the 11's better than the robocop ones on my 10. I know the whole trruck is retooled but the only cosmetics are the hood and bumper. Good luck with it.

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

If you wash your truck the wheels should look pretty good after winter.

5. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Those wheels look awsome!!

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really good to me.

7. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Looks bad ass :drinkup:

8. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Those are sick what are you talking about?!?!?!?!

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the compliments guys. I guess black wheels have never really done much for me. The black Spys look better than I thought they would... I guess they're growing on me. :nod:

At the time I ordered these, there were only three wheels out of KMC's whole lineup that they were making in an 8 X 180 bolt pattern. My buddy owns the place where I purchased these, and he claims that KMC will be offering more of their wheels in 8 X 180 by springtime.

If that's the case, there will be a 20" set of these on it in the spring...

XD Series Badlands... :D

Badlands.jpg

11. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Thats a nice truck, got any more pics of it?

12. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice truck, wheels look great!!

13. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Looks good. I take my dc-1 rims off in the winter and go back to stock rims. After one winter season it was to rough on them.