1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out my rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Paul Wever, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

Do you think you could build a better mouse trap?:waving:

p2010006.jpg

2. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

Another

Another one of my toys.

pc170039.jpg

3. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

Ok i took the bait,how do you transport those plows,and how are they hitched to the vehicle?

4. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

Transport

The plows are hitched to the carrier with pins and moves using hydraulics. You can transport either hitched to the front or back using ball hitches. You can check out more pics at www.pwce.com.

5. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

How is a pickup able to handle either set-up? I'm not doubting your products, just don't think the pickup would last too long...

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Now I've seen everything.:nod:

7. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

I replaced the bumpers and beefed up the suspension a little, but there has been no significant wear and tear on the truck. You couldn't put this on a 1/2 ton, but a 3/4 ton or bigger with 4-wheel drive does perfect. I can actually fill both blades with little effort. I even made an adapter so I can put it on a tractor or a skidsteer loader.

8. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Can we see some more pics???

Interesting setup to say the least,
    Mark K

9. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

You can see more pics at http://www.pwce.com/CCA.htm
    Plowing is not the only thing this attachment is capable of. You can put any skidsteer attachment or any 3-point hitch attachment to the CCA. You can also attach the CCA to tractors, skidsteer loaders, 3/4 ton or bigger truck. The CCA is only limited to your imagination.:nod:

10. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Very cool

But what is the practicle purpose of this peice of equiptment that overide the very Obvious down sides.

11. crashz

crashz Senior Member

A pick-up can actually push a ripper? Could it load a dump truck?

No offense Paul, but that is a monstrosity of useless iron. Its way to long for maneuvering around on a job site and limited by the power of the push/pull vehicle. A much more effective way of doing a job is using the right tools/equipment.

Sorry to bash your product, I'm sure you put a lot of hard work into it, but unfortunately I don't see much use for it.

12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Paul,
    Those are some really neat products. It is nice to view products that are built by creative minds like yours.
    Boast

13. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

Nice to see somebody pushing the envelope (of snow pushing) instead of just pushing snow. I'd like to hear how it works. (I like the pictures)

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Must go through some transmissions :nod: :cry:

15. Paul Wever

Paul Wever Junior Member

No. Never have had any problems with the transmission or traction problems and I've had it on that particular truck for over 2 years, using it all year long. If you would like to see more info on the CCA go to http://www.pwce.com/CCAmedia.htm

16. cigam

cigam Guest

Eeeeeeek. I think they are too long, too protruding. I'd rather have the standard front plow and wing on my pickup (yes they are made available), and it'd probably be a bit cheaper.

17. cigam

cigam Guest

the thing is, is the set of wheels. It makes it appear too long. I love the snowplow and wing setup though. It'd be great on airports and parking lots by the looks of it.

I also like the tow-behind grader blade with dumb bed. It'd be excellent on a big farm tractor or loader. I'd love something like that in the future.

But the one with the grader blade on the front, sticks out too far it seems as said.

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

There you dont see anything like that but they should bake em for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks with full hydraulics's

19. cigam

cigam Guest

do you mean the equipment he made or wing plows and stuff?

20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

pushers in general