1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check Out My New Pusher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Jan 3, 2015.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have much use for a loader so I bought a skidder instead.......... What do you guys think?

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice .
  3. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Box doesn't look all that big, but I certainly like that grapple for moving cars outa the way!
  4. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

I like it. How high will it stack?
  5. mercer_me

I found this picture on Facebook today and I figured I'd share it on hear and see what people had for reactions. I bet it doesn't work to bad but, it's got to be wicked rough riding with the big tires on the hot top. I'm guessing it would probably stack about as high as a plow on a pickup.
  6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

haha thats funny I never seen a skidder pushing a lot before
  7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Not sure how much plow the operator can see. Looks like it will push real good.
  8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thumbs Up

I bet that thing will stack a lot better than any pickup
  9. mercer_me

I doubt it would stack very high but, you could climb right up any pile or just push the whole pile right out of the way.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It will push extremely well and I'm betting it actually rides very nice. Just needs a wing plow or bigger pusher.
  11. mercer_me

I've never actually ran a skidder but, I've rode in them a few times and going down a gravel road was wicked bouncy. But, the skidder I was in had ring chains on the front and double diamond chains on the rear so, I'm sure they didn't help the ride. I'm surprised somebody in Northern Maine never rigged up a plow and wing on a skidder to open up logging roads in the middle of the Winter.
  12. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

And I bet the tires were loaded too.
  13. 04FordF250

04FordF250 Junior Member

A friend of mine uses his skidder with a pusher in a mall lot. It pushes snow well. He has a video on his website www.warihay.com. Click on the land clearing video.
  14. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

Thats my buddies company he use's a few of them here in town. says they work & push very well for huge lots!
  15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I could be mistaken, but I really doubt there is any "hot top" in Maine right now. Or the majority of the northern states. I know, it's a regional thing. But it isn't like asphalt is ever laid cold, other than in pothole repairs.

I would think depending on the width of the tyres, it would do well to flat out not working well at all.