1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check out my new baby!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cmo18, Mar 10, 2009.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

2004 Dodge ram Hemi, 52000miles, fully loaded. Works real good and cant wait to plow with it next year. I'm thinking about selling the rims and tires and buying something that looks good and I can plow with. Any suggestions?

2. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

nah id prefer a more aggressive look. Does it have to be 17" or can it be 16" without setting the odometer off?
  4. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

Nice truck - glad to see you put that Carfax account to good use!

As for rim size - as far as I know, it's the outer diameter/circumfrence of the tire that's important. The size of the hole in the middle of it doesn't mean a thing.
  5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Must be 17 or larger. Brakes won't allow anything smaller. As for rims go for after market, 17's are ok but you may as well bump up to a 18 since theres nor real price diff in the tires but you get more choices with an 18. But my self I like the look of 20's on the half tons and you can find tires that will work well for snow for them. Cheaper route to go even though the tires cost more.
  6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ya I like the 20inch during the summer time but herd they take a beaten in the winter time. Therefor I was thinking of selling my 20"wheels and buying a less flashier rim. Ive seen a lot of truck on this site with some nice rims and an aggressive tire. Also anyone know what type of rear end I have?
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

thas what my buddy did.. ended up saving him some money too... the price for tire for a 20" rim as opposed to a tire for a 16 or 17" rim is big time... youll save some money!

i think all the 3RD Gen dodges cant go anything lower then 17..
  8. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I think I remember reading that the 20's have a 3.92 rear but I'm not positive.

Nice truck, good luck with it.
  9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Performance tires are not that bad in snow they are just not great snow tires and you would have to be in 4wd all the time. But since you bought a Shorty half ton. I am guessing its going to be a driveway plow. You could get away with the 20's. if you were doing lots and had to push some weight I would say change tires.