1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check out accu-weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Jul 15, 2009.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Hey everyone u must check out accu-weather.com they hav some great ideas for the winter:eek: can't wait to plow this season xysport

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Hopefully they are right...payup

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

here ya go....i will believe it when i see it...thats how i roll

largewinter09-10.jpg

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't like the look of that too much. We have had a lot of rain so if it continues it might be right. That would be 3 winters in a row with above normal precipation.:cry:

6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

2002-2003 WInter was our a lot of snow in Indianapolis too, however they aren't really showing it on here.

7. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Lets hope there right i could use a good winter.

Lets all have a moment of silence and pray for the white stuff.:angel::help::angel:

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

that would be awesome if that was true and they actually and telling us correct information. although it has been pretty cool in Chicago this year, with would make scene. maybe a blizzard? we will have to wait and see!

9. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

While I believe the East Coast could get more snow this winter, doesnt mean that it will be above average, keep in mind the East Coast hardly receive any snow last winter which means any bit more snow, like a couple inches more could justify what they are talking about.

Them putting out a Winter Forecast this early...In July has me thinking one thing, i think they are too trigger happy to wait until early to mid fall to wait and see how further parameters for a good winter persist, since they didnt see a good winter last winter, they couldnt wait to post it because obviously, it seems like every winter, they make a prediction of a cold and snowy east coast and warm west coast.

While i believe their are many factors that could change to prevent that map you seefrom happening and totally turn the whole forecast over. I dont think ive ever seen accuwx post a winter forecast this early.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Last winter i had 31.1 inches of snow in my town. Im 20 miles sw of nyc. Nyc had 27.3 which is also above there avg. In fact from philly north to boston alll finish above avg....so i dont kno how he can say we had no snow last winter. Last winter was one of the best in a few years here in the sw burb's of nyc. Snowfall has really been down south of philly in baltimore and dc

11. gkm

gkm Senior Member

west of Philly has been on the under side of average for what seem like for ever.... at least a few years. only 50 miles west of Philly. just gonna have to wait & see....

12. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

While it seems that every patterne very winter is not very supportive for my region, Eastern Nebraska. Last winter was a great winter just east and North of our area but we just got barely missed by every storm, was very frustrating. Sometimes in our past El Nino Winters we have been known to receive a couple big whoppers and nothings else.

13. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

east cost didnt get snow last year my area recieved 55-60"

14. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

15. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Well some areas were really generous and some areas got squat.

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I hope they are right. I need a really good winter to pay myself back for the '98 I got. 2 storms of 4-6 inches is REALLY good for us. 3 or more would be unreal!

17. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Bastardi might be a good forcaster but he seems really off his rocker. He enjoys long range trends and forcasts and has been pretty good with them but IMO this is way too early to be putting out winter forcasts. Plus he says that according to trends Chicago should have a good winter then later on he says we will be deprived of snow. I just hope for our average, that's all I can ask for or hope for. We will just have to wait and see.

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

agree with you doug.....sometimes he gets to excited and sticks to his guns....usually busts storms for the east coast all the time......with that said he is one of the better long term forecasters....he said this year would be a slow hurricane season and a cool summer.....he has been spot on with that......we shall see....alot of weather people said the mid-west would not end up with another snowy winter last October...look what happen? another blockbuster. we shall see if you go for the hat trick.....i say you guys get 40 of snow and avg temps

19. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Tim, what do you think for us NE Ohio guys? I know lake effect will always happen, but what about clippers and pan handel hooks?

Thanks Bossman

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

bossman its really a crap shoot.....i will have a better idea come the end of august.....yet i do think there will be more clippers this winter...and with a storm track up the east coat you should see more apps runners.....yet more can just be 1-2....as the apps runners have been a thing of the past