1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check my home work.(bid)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Craneboy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Craneboy

Craneboy Junior Member

Straight to the facts.

Parking lots: .582 acres
    Walks: 5542 sq feet
    Plowing lots, shoveling walks, salting both.
    Western wideout 1 acre pr hour (I know its more efficient) $105 per hour* 1.5 mrk/up. Buyers TGS07 Salt spreader.

Salt $80 pr ton*3 mrk/up
    Cal chl 50lb bag $12*3 mrk/up
    Laborer $15 pr hour

Seasonal contract up to 20" $9,075.00

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 9.10.45 PM.jpg

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

if you can get away with a 20" seasonal all the power to you bud, but around here that would not fly, what's your average snow totals in a year?

3. Craneboy

Craneboy Junior Member

20" per year. obviously there is a Blizzard claus.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  4. BC Handyman

if you average 20" I dont think you should have a 20 limit on your seasonal, not a easy sell for seasonal anyway. Blizzard clause fine, but I'd bump up that 20"
    price don't seem too off, but I dont know your market, but I would suggest charging more then $15/hr for a shoveler.

5. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

How much do you actually pay the shoveler?

6. Craneboy

Craneboy Junior Member

Shoveler/ labor is billed at a multiple of 2.5. The labors are paid $15-$20 pr hr. Made some calls and I will be bumping the 20" cap up to 32"

7. BC Handyman

Now I'd sign up ;) You get a passing grade from me on your homework. Good luck this year.

8. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Let's see where this goes, I was told the multiple should be x3. So $15 per hour billed at $45, opinions?

9. BC Handyman

with salt 3x is norm, I'm not sure that all charges should be 3x mark up, on $15 labour I'd bill out $30, so double.

10. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Speaking of salt have you put up a pallet of melt for the winter? What kind of price?
    Have you ever seen any guidelines around labour costing, by the time you cover w.c.b, u.i and c.p.p still need to have some left over to pay back into business.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you can get 9k for that place I would jump on it. We would be lucky to get 5k for unlimited plowing and salting.
    It's a 30 min plow and 500lbs of salt.

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

More that double the average snowfall as well...