1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check it out.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MileHigh, Jan 2, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Many of you have probably seen this already..

I would like JDDaves opinion on these since I know he's got a couple of the Horst speedwings.

My business needs to expand enough to where this kind of equipment can come into play.payup

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELEFiRbVzrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELEFiRbVzrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

that looks like alota blade for a skid.... i bet the one on the telahandler would stack like crazy

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

It looks nice but I see a few things that I cant figure out.
    - doesnt look like it has any trip built in

I really like the mesh design on the top, but the end plates seem pretty large eg harder to wiggle in tight spots.

When the guy hits the huge pile at full speed... he doesnt have the blade all the way to the ground by the looks of things... and I bet if he didnt he might have hit his forehead off the front door... lol

An 8ft with 2ft end plates on each side with the mesh would probably be the best design for the larger skids but its gotta have something for a trip, cause if your applying downpressure and you hit a grate, or a spot where cement meets pavement... its over

Hydro's look very fast.

4. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Not much roll in the blade, wet heavy snow would be a problem for skids, I think.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think in heavy snow your skid would turn into a parking lot decoration.

6. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Pretty interesting, would be good for large commercial lots that require you to plow every time there is 2" on the ground.

As far as the trip goes, look at the pusher buckets or even a regular bobcat bucket, those have no give... Doesnt look like there is much of an issue in the video, but I would only use this on a blacktop commercial lot where there really isnt much obstacles to worry about hitting.

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Like he said pushers don't have trips built in. I am sure the wings will fold back with a relief valve just like most other hydraulic stuff does.

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If we only ever got 2" of snow that would wok good:dizzy: