1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check fuel cap and engine light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LTLANDSCAPING, Feb 8, 2010.

So about a week and a half ago my check fuel cap light came on. I have a 2006 f250 v8 gas. The other day the check engine light came on. A buddy told me that the fuel cap light was probably frozen moisture. Would that set off the check engine light? Thanks for any help.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It can, re tighten it and make sure it clicks a few times. Do you have a habit of filling it up all the way up the neck because that can cause problems to.

The gas pump shuts off at $75 so it never really gets filled up. I've taken the cap on and off multiple ti es and have also restarted the truck with the cap on and off.
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Same thing, same truck. We had problems filling the truck with fuel, you'd have to drip gas in otherwise it'd keep shutting the pump off - dealer fixed twice and it's been ok for a year now but we still get the check gas cap and check engine lite, it runs so I don't fight it - I hate that truck but it's my lowest payment and 0% so.........