1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check engine Light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pongow26, Jan 16, 2009.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Anyone ever have there check engine light come on because of extreme cold? I didnt rive the truck for a couple days and it is waay below 0 here. It was 20below for the 2 days I didnt move the truck. I started it and drive for about 10 miles then noticed the light but I could feel or notice any problems?

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

have to plug in code scanner and retrieve the code that it threw

3. GUSMACDADDY

GUSMACDADDY Junior Member
    from Midwest

Had same problem here in IL. -27 without wind chill. Didn't drive yesterday but left at 630 and had no power. Engine light came on on way to work too. I think my fuel was freezing up??? I have the additive in system but -27 is pretty cold. Warmed up in a heated garage for about 45 min and added ps911 and seemes to run better. I am going to try and clear code tonight. Hopefully just from cold temps.

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Sometimes the smog pump freezes up when it is this cold and blows the fuse.

5. GUSMACDADDY

from Midwest

Thanks! I'll check that.

6. GUSMACDADDY

from Midwest

Well I pulled the PCM fuse and with 40 degree warmer temps it is running good today. No check engine light! Will probably replace fuel filter just to be safe.

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

-11 here this morning...engine light was on and no reverse....put it in drive for a few min, and reverse finally worked...Engine light went off after turning the truck on and off durring the day........ussmileyflag