1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jon Geer, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I installed a Western 9' 6" Poly vee on my 2007 Chevy 2500 HD. When I finalized the isolation module and checked to make sure everything was operating properly, i noticed the Check Engine light was on and has been on since. I wonder what I did wrong or is there something else I should do or check to correct?

I should mention that I am not using any of the Western controls, the Western pump, or the Western control harness. But, I did get the harness for the use of Central Hydraulics.

Wonder what I missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon:confused:

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I cant think of anything but I would suggest either runnin to your local dealership or atleast to your local Autozone, Advanced Automotive or Oriellys. They all have a scanner that they can read and clear codes. I know thats not much help. BTW did you happen to get any pics of the plow install on your new truck?

Will

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Thanks. I am still getting everything on, doing it all myself. I have to rely on others for parts, so that is my hold up. Let me give you a taste. The torsion bars are not turned up and the Timbrens are not in yet.

07 HD 006-up.JPG

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Waiting for a call from the Western dealer ( they are not to fast to reply ). But, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

5. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

what central system did you use? Force america? like to see the set up.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Custom built. A 13hp Honda engine runs everything. Great system, been using it for years. Will post some shots in the morning.

Thanks for the interest.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The plow looks huge on that truck. Have you heard back from your Western dealer or are you still fighting the the CEL?

Will

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Jon

Beautiful plow!! I see in your picture the wings are hitting the ground..is that raised all the way up? Sometimes when my batteries are way low, I'll get goofy things that pop up on my message center. Check engine, service 4x4, service brake system......did you have to splice into the cab wiring for power to the controller? That might be a problem but I dunno. Good luck and hope we all have a big money maker winter payup !!

9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It would be my guess that the plow has nothing to do with the check engine light. Im more inclined to think that you prob either took something apart and forgot to put it back together or you bumped something....Rob

10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

To answer the "Check Engine Light " question, I had tapped into a keyed source that was only putting out 5 volts ( something for the ECM ), once I found a 12 volt source and switched the wire all was fine. Chevy Dealer reset light. Western never got back to me.

As for the wing tips hitting the ground, YES they were, but you did not read that I had not installed the Timbrens or turned up the torsion bars. All is good now that all of that is complete.

Thanks for all the help and interest.

Jon

11. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I saw where you put that you hadn't messed with the t bars or timbrens but I was kinda surprised that the wings would sit like that all the way up. How are them Nighthawk lights workin out for ya?

12. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Lights are AWESOME. I highly recommend them. I think they are a better system than Boss. Boss needs to incorporate their turn into one light and not two.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the interest.

Jon