1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sefh, Aug 6, 2006.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a 99 F-250 SD w/V10. My light came on and hooked it up to a code reader and it was the O2 sensor. I changed the sensor and the light still comes on. I was told that there might be multiple O2 sensor for this truck, is that true and how many are there?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm not to sure of where there on the fords, but there usually located just before the cat and just after the cat. Hopefully this will help.

Did you reset and clear the fault code?

3. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Yes... you have 4 of them and you need to reset your computer after you replace any of them. Either take it to a place like AutoZone where they will read and/or reset for free or just disconnect the neg battery cable for 30 sec. or so & the light should be out.(If you replaced the right O2 sensor)

4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Yeah I had the computer reset, but I only replaced one of them. So I guess I should go ahead and replace all of them. Thanks for the info. didn't relize that they had 4 of them.

5. topgun510

topgun510 Junior Member

What codes did you have ?? I've seen many people replace O2s and achieve nothing before. If you have a sensor showing a lean or rich condition, you need to properly diag it instead of throw parts at it.O2 sensors aren't cheap. If you throw 4 on and have the same codes come back, you could be pretty darned pissed off and the parts guy would just shrug at you.

6. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Check the vacume hose assembly under the fuel injection air intake on top of engine, hose has 2 bends in it and runs to valve cover, they like to go bad at the sharpest bend & hole thru on the bottom side, most of the time it throws a lean code but anything is possible.