1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check Engine light, Need help Quick!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cmo18, Dec 13, 2009.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

So we had our first real cold the other night and the next day I woke up, started the truck up and the CEL was on....I did the key cycle and found a few codes....

0514 Batt, temp sensor
    0513 Shim key
    2509 ECM....... then later on in the day I did the key cycle and it added another code to my list
    0483 Clutch Fan

Any of you guys with any input will be greatly appreciated. Could all this be caused by a bad battery? Big storm coming in two days and I need the truck fixed ASAP

Thanks Chris!
  2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

or if anyone knows how to reset the ECM without a scanner or chip
  3. mjsmith70

mjsmith70 Junior Member

Mine did similer and it was the egr valve. Apparently the egr valve effects numerous settings in the computer for fuel efficiency and if it goes bad it throws all kinds of stuff out code wise. Mine got moisture in it and froze after I shut it off.
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

those trucks dont have an egr ;) try testing your batteries maybe clean the connections. also try using a dfferent key they have a little chp in there and if it gets damaged the truck will shut right off. also while the hoods up check your #4 fuel injector line isolator (blue plastic piece that hold the injector line) they like to vibrate loose and will crack our injector line.
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What year truck??

I have an 07 Grand Cherokee that has been doing the same thing. Had it to the dealer twice and they determined it is a converter issue. Has been on order since late October with an expected due date of Dec 1, then Dec 11th, now Jan 5th :dizzy: Good luck
  6. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

Hi Chris
    I have always reset the light on My Dodges ( not diesel's ) by Disconnecting the Battery Cable for about 10 min. :drinkup:

7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Yup thats what worked! I unplugged it first for about 30sec and it didnt work. So I unplugged it again for 10 mins and it worked. My Cel hasnt come back on.