1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

check em out

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by larold83, Aug 14, 2009.

1. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

here is everything i'm using this year please leave comments

csr publication.gif

Attached Files:

2. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

I like it! Even picked up a tip about charging for late pay I never did that before. Fyi I could be wrong but check the spelling of your last name I think you misplaced a letter.

Otherwise looks good!

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What is Cindering ?????????

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

X's 2

Just curious if your laying cinder blocks or what ?????

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Minor, but details count. Should be "seasonal" (contract).

I found some of it hard to read - like "estimates". Remember - some of your potential customer are old and their eyesight is not as sharp.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

On the contract for cindering - the second line need a little tweeking. Change "ever" to "every" and add "sq ft".

Think about your wording "CSR will plow when 3" of snow has accumulated". This means EVERY 3" and no more than 3" of snow will be on the driveway. You will never plow more than 3" of snow, so there is no need for the higher brackets (4" - 6" etc). (You'll need to keep equipment and operator at each site)

I just read through it quickly. Your last name is misspelled in item 10. Paragraph 2 conflicts with "Addition Comments" as to responsibility for deicing decision.

Line 9 - Life of agreement - needs to be changed to a FUTURE date.

7. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

k fixed my last name will fix other stuff before i forkem out thanks guys

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

And I didnt wanna be the one that have no clue :D

glad someone else here dont know what it is

9. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

well then what do ya call when you lay down cinders

10. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Ok, but please explain more about it, where are you laying them down? or Why are you laying them down? Can you please post a pic of what you call Cindering ???

11. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Just a guess because I'm not sure. But maybe Cindering is using wood ashes instead of salt. My Grandfather used to use it on the front walks.

12. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You have to change the font on your brochure. It is very hard to read.

The 10% off offer doesn't make sense. Say you base your seasonal price on $30 per plow with 20 plows per season. You are offering $3 off of a $600 contract. Would that help you sign with someone?

Make sure you have your periods and capitals in the right spots.

Good Luck

13. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

ok for signed contracts half off first and last plow sounds good to me

14. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

cinders are ground up black coal like rock can't realy spesify but in our area we know what they are we use them alot they melt snow on road ways really quick the township uses them instead of salt cuz of all the back roads salt makes a mess plus is salty in price also

15. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

i'll change it to cinder oh its not a brochure its a door hanger and when you print out the contracts and door hanger you can read quite well for some reason the font shruk on here

16. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

i made te changes that you guys requested but i didn't up datem so if you guys find more mistakes then what have been picked out let me know

17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Use the quote and/or multi quote button would ya. Thanks