1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapskates (& idiots) aplenty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yardsmith, Jan 8, 2009.

1. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

So I'm plowing out a small lot this morning that has a duplex/ driveway on each side. I'm powing & backing up & all of a sudden a guy from one of the driveways lays on the horn- OH SH**! (you all know the feeling) I thought I almost hit someone of something....... what the heck was that for dufus? Hes just staring at me.
    So I make another pass or two & hes still looking at me.... So I back up over to him & put the window down- "hey you interested in making a couple passes on my driveway??
    Hmmmm sure. The driveway's about 7-8 cars long; 3" on the ground & I'm already there, so........
    "Sure I say- hows 10 bucks?" (Most of my drives are 20 & up but I'm there, etc.)
    'Ok, let me go ask the wife'. So I make another pass or 2 & finish the lot.
    Then I sit there for about 5-7 minutes MORE. :sleeping: Hey dude I got work to do. Was gonna just leave, but..........

Finally he comes out, & shrugs his shoulders to say no.

My god dude I oughta charge you 10 for being stupid & 15 for wasting my time! How loing does it take to ask the wifey, & where in gods name you gonna find it for $10. Do it yourself. :gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
    Ooooooh I wanna slap ppl like that!!!! That was my moron moment for today........
  2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

$10.00?? Your kidding right? :realmad:
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know what's more shocking...the fact he said no for $10 or the fact that's all you were going to charge in the first place! :dizzy:
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i find it more amusing that he had to go ask his wife. if i bothered my wife with something that petty she would be pi$$ed
  5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

dude i'd have charged $40 for that
  6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

yea or just drive by lol
    10 bucks is not worth it even if you were already there
  7. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

LOL..... The story is funny stuff there and something similar happened to me during our last snow storm.... But this clown i was dealing with lives with his ex-wife(shes blind on top of that) and he went in to ask if it would be ok if he spent money to get the drive plowed out.!!! WTF!!! Hahaha Just had to laugh and get back to work.
  8. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

lol, I'd have said $50.
  9. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I hope this is a joke thread...$10.00, COME ON.
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would of paid 10 bucks to go inside to watch him ask and her turning him down!
  11. plowing ri

plowing ri Junior Member
    from ri

i had the same thing happen to me. i told him 10bucks to take a few passes and he tells me all he has is $5 dollars. im like you seriously want to know if ill do it for $5 dollars i told him id do it if he told a few friends about me along with my $5 dollars i went to subway with.
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

13. big acres

big acres Senior Member

You're getting slammed for the ten bucks... it's not about how easy it would be for you, but how hard it would be for him.

Dude had to ask wifey about ten bucks, lol? GROW A PAIR.
  14. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

yeah I said $10 for quick lunch money figuring no way he'd turn me down; normally its a 20 minumum. I figured he was a tightwad, so I said $10, thinking it'd be a no brainer for him, & he STILL had to ask......... unbelievable.
    I hope he asks me next time I come out- price will double, or maybe I'll just block his drive with the piles.........
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  15. LOL I would have given him $10 and told him they are having a 2 for 1 sale on balls at the local adult store. Go get some...

RODHALL Senior Member

Yep that is a good one.
  17. danknight60

danknight60 Member

$10 bucks dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    man you better change ur prices
    to cheap
  18. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I won't do anything for less than $20 and most of the driveway has to be done even for that...I usually get them when they are tired like a fish that has been on your line for a while.
  19. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

Man, that's so funny in a number of ways.

What irks me are people who honk their horns and expect you to come over to them. Seen that happen a number of times. Once at my buddies house. He's out mowing the yard and this biotch pulls up in his driveway and starts honking her horn. He ignores her for a minute or so but she keeps it up. So he shuts down the mower and walks over to her car in his driveway and asks what she's doing. She asks for directions!! He told her to get the he!! off his property and went back to mowing.

One morning, I'm sitting in the house watching TV and some moron rolls 200' down my driveway and starts blowing his horn. I get up and look, don't recognize the vehicle and see him blowing the horn looking at my house. I figure he's at the wrong house so I open the window and ask what he wants. Directions!!! WTF dude, you can't get your lazy @ss out of your car and walk up to my front door. Instead, you think it's OK to summon me to your service?!? After those comments I told him to get off my property.

What are some people thinking? You want MY help, you get off your lazy duff and come ask in a nice way.
  20. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

A few years ago i was plowing a drive for a good friends Grandpa, i was on the phone with her making sure i was at the right house, and some guy was tapping his key on the side of my truck to get my attention, i put my hand up to tell him to wait a minute. He then started tapping on my window with his key. He pissed me off, he asked how much to plow his drive, i looked back seen a BMW i told him 40 bucks, he said 10 i said there is a shovel in the back of my truck he could use. :nod: