1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheapest v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mike9497, Dec 16, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

looking for something for my pickup truck.not big on a buyers.i do like the airflo and the downeaster models.anyone know of a good cheap v box.something to start out with.it will get very little use this year cause of not having alot of accounts.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Look for a used one. Around here you can find a used V-box for $600-$800 in fair condition. For $1000 you can get some pretty nice ones.

Keep your investment small see if it works and then upgrade. If you buy new and want to invest then spend the money for a quality stainless spreader that will last.

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I was looking in bargain news today, and in the tools section someone is selling a v box spreader w/ an 8 hp engine for $500.

Check it out- www.bargainnews.com

Bryan

4. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

saw a torwell sander for 200 needs a chain.anyone know anything about these.never herd of them

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Torwell is a nice spreader. The only one I know of that lets you vary spinner speed relative to chain speed. If they are old and creaky they can be pricey to bring back to good condition though, because of that spinner speed control though.

6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

do they have a website i can look up.i know some downeasters have two controls

7. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Torwell Industries
    Division: Div J M L Industries Inc
    Address: 17 Brent Dr
    Hudson, MA 01749-2903
    Voice: 978-562-3444
    Fax: 978-562-9717
    Product: Sand & salt spreaders

8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

okay guys i was looking at the downeaster 8ft 1.5 electric V do you guys think i can put a small snow blower in the pickup bed too?? anyone have one or know how much they run?? looked at a trynex to but that hopper looks real wide.plus i`ve herd about problems with them.3600 is alot i think for a plastic hopper