1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest sway fix around for Dodge Trucks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by provfirescott, Aug 10, 2009.

1. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

Made a set of dirt cheap bump stops for my Dodge 3500. The design is incredibly simple and all they do is engage the overload springs a lot earlier than stock.

The are made out of 2X3 inch tubing and we LOVE them. I've also seen several people who made them out of 2X2 tubing which is a bit easier, but you don't have as much surface area on them. My design required some notching.

They reduced the sway in our camper by at least 70% and is the only suspension mod on it.

There are also commercial products available (Stable Loads by TorkLift comes to mind), but I'm set. Hope this helps someone:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OutdoorBen/BumperStops#

[​IMG]
    Posted from Rvnet

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sweet! thats a great idea man.

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

so how much for a set to nj 07731 ?

4. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

Not really selling them but if someone makes an offer I guess i could sell mine and redo them......

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

what is a good offer ? u name a price better

how much would it take u to take them off and ship them to me and make ur self another set ?