1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest snow shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deere615, Nov 11, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I am not talking about built cheaply I am talking about cheap$$. I got a snow shovel for $2.97 (normally $15)at sears and its a really nice one, I am going back to get another What is the cheapest shovels you guys have ever got?(for those of you that use them)

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Free. Every spring people throw good ones out. Stop and pickup it increases profit!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Grandview your a trash digger too??

4. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I got 2 snow blowers out of the trash, they cost me a spark plug and some oil.

5. grandview

Had to. My employee was complaining that there was to much salt being put down now!

mouth.jpg

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

How do you think he's able to talk to us on plowsite? :cool:
    [​IMG]

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL 06 thats funny

I do the same thing, Dads bad for that, he stops for buggy straps in the road,, Scrap anything good

8. deere615

I will definetly keep my eye out for shovels in the trash in spring! I got a free snow blower last year, its a yardman but I can't figure why its not starting. You should see some of the trsh pickers at my uncles flea market they take everything out of the Trash!

9. grandview

Trash picking is another name for Ebay!

10. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

That's all good, but if you need mega amounts of shovels, it's not easy to find a really good supply. We use on average about 150 per season. We'll do sidewalks and driveways at 15 condo projects and the shovels don't last much past 2 storms or so.
    And that's using the shovels only after the sweepers and sidewalk plows have done their jobs.

The cheapest here is $8.88 for a 25" plastic shovel. That's canadian, so about $10 US I guess.

:)

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Those flat blue ones with the composite (i think) handle are my favorite!!

12. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

snow shovels

try to find some shovels made by Struction model PP100 you wont go wrong!!

13. deere615

This is a melnor. I'll see how it holds up, but for for 3 bucks you can't beat it. I actually just went and got another one today!

14. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

AMEN LOLtymusic

15. deere615

Ya I don't think you can buy these in bulk, but I just emailed the company and they have a ten year warranty on them! If it breaks just take it back to the store you bought them at. I know if you are going through 150 a season your probably pretty busy and it wouldn't be worth you time but it is for me!

16. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I havent used one yet but the craftsman ones look pretty nice. And they have the lifetime warranty. Just buy 2 and you will never have to buy another shovel.

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Piece of plywood nailed to a 2x4!

18. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Stockpile 'em in a corner and take 'em back ten at a time! Betcha they'd deny it anyways because its been used commercially... anything to void a warrenty.... :p

19. deere615

Ya I saw those craftsman ones they were like 10-15 bucks, but I liked these ones a little better.

20. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Cheapeast snow Shovels

I dono? about Cheap Ones? I only BUY--TRUE TEMPER-- Big Gray Plastic--thats last for Years!--Home Depot used to have them--but--I haven*t seen them There? I just Visited a New LOWE*S & they had E*M I Bought ONE--$19.95--now I have Three--Two well Used & ONE I throw in back of my Truck w/ the top Handel broken off--just in CASE?--NO One steals Broken Shovels? I did pick Up a Nice V plow shaped scoop type at a Lawn Sale last Summer Can*t wait to Try it Out? as in a Light Snow I*LL become a Mini OSKOSH?--OleTower--