1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest salt /calcium storage container

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Dec 6, 2012.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys,
    i am looking for the chaeapest salt storage boxes to put at the doors of my office buildings and plaza's. I am hoping to find a "real box" and not anything like the Rubbermaid tubs...These salt bins seem so expensive for a piece of plastic...any leads would be great, Going for a more professional look rather than buckets or tubs ..if I can afford them.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

I take care of a place that has SNOW EX boxes at all their entrances..They look good and professional

3. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

Looks like the can hold at least 5 bags

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

You pretty much answered your own question unfortunately. You get what you pay for. Look in to buying them bulk. We buy 10 at a time for $85 a piece. Anything under a hundred is considered cheap IMO.

5. xtreem3d

Jeff,
    What do you buy for 85.00 each ?....everything i saw was in the 140 range. The problem is I need alot of them,
    Steve

6. Lynden-Jeff

7. xtreem3d

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. Lynden-Jeff

The guy who manufactures them is 20 minutes from my house and owns outdoor supplies. They are $130/piece and I hate the blue color.

9. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

10. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA