1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest place to get Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Oct 21, 2006.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Decided this year to run Timbrens, putting up with the classic Chevy nose dive has gotten old. Anybody have any idea who's the cheapest?
  2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

They're out of Michigan and I believe shipping via UPS is free but you'll have to double check for sure I know they were best in our neck of the woods! (The central states)
  3. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

4. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

Cheapest w/free shipping

Shipped from PA to Chicago in 3 days standard ground
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

can someone who has had these concur on the effectiveness of them. i am also interested in them for the front of my chevy2500
  6. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I had them on my 02 1500 and they made such a huge difference I installed them on my brand new 06 2500HD. Before installation, my new Chevy dipped 3.5" when I raised the plow. (I have an 8' Curtis that weighs abut 750#). After installation, the front dipped 3/4" with the plow up.

There was absolutely no change in ride quality with the front Timbrens. The rear I felt when going over those whoop-de-doos on our road -- felt like I was bottoming out. The instructions called for using the spacers to leave a 1/2 to 1" gap between Timbrens and truck when standing empty on the ground. I was right at 1/2" with the spacer installed. I ended up removing the spacer to give me 1 1/4" and the ride is perfect now.

7. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

i ordered mine from Palmer Spring here in Maine, i paid $172.50. and got free delivery (salesmand is driving them down) Little higher, but if i have a ? they are not far away.
  8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

9. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Had my order all ready for Albany Spring, till I saw the $13 sales tax, $13 is $13, I had to go with Stengel Bros. If your not in NY, Albany Spring would be the way to go though, because they advertise.
  10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Can't blame Albany Spring for that. I guess you could call Hillary. I still can't believe people in NY voted her in.. Oops. I should keep comments like that to myself.. But I couldn't resist..lol
  11. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I went with Albany because they were a sponsor. Great price, fast shipping and fantastic communication. When I had questions their tech support was right on it. Couldn't be happier!

12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Jesse "The Body" Ventura in '08!!!!!wesport
  13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thanks for the website they have some cool stuff on there

you can also try ebay also