1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest place for salt near Chicago

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NoFearDeere, Nov 15, 2011.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the cheapest place for salt in the Chicago area guys? Im looking for half a semi of bagged and maybe some super sacks. Any help is appreciated!

2. Call town and contry in markham 3.25 per bag 60 bags to a pallet. With a two pallet min.

3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Careful with the sacks--they can be troublesome. IDK anyone who bags them locally, but I do know that you can't let them sit, unless you like really big salt cubes.

:D

4. Westhardt Corp.

60? Hmmm, clever.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We get sacks of Clearlane and have never had an issue. I'd imagine non treated stuff could pose to be an issue.

6. Westhardt Corp.

Yeah, treated product should be OK. I was referring to plain bulk. I've seen it...it's not pretty, unless you have horses.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol or deer..........and I believed you, I was just adding my $.02 about the treated stuff ;)

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I used untreated last year in super sacks and it was fine just had to make sure that it was kept dry and not sit to long