1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheapest hydraulic hoses

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by redneckwheelman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. redneckwheelman

redneckwheelman Junior Member
    from harris

just thought id let everyone know that from what i found shopping around for snow plow hoses. was gonna cost me over $200 for all new hoses at my local oreillys and that's with a good discount. so ran to my local fleet farm and found there hydraulic hoses there. got all the hoses i needed for less then 80 bucks, i couldn't of bought one fitting at oreilly for what a complete hose cost there ! 5- 4 footers and 2- 2 footers should have my boss rt1 v plow working today finally
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer oem.
  3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Surplus Center dot com. Goodyear quality hoses and any many styles of fittings too.
  4. redneckwheelman

from harris

with how these hoses look they're built like a gates. 5700psi hose as well. for 7 bucks a piece i couldnt go wrong with them. ill have to see how they work for me this winter and next. if we ever get enough snow to get some more plowing in
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plastic hoses?
    And what brand of hose and fittings are they?
  6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I go to the local Auto Parts store (private owned) get weatherhead steel braided and rubber. Sometimes cheaper is not better.
  7. redneckwheelman

from harris

Nrp Jones hydralite wearguard that's what it says on the hoses. website http://www.nrpjones.com/Hydhose/100R16WG.htm
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You get what you pay for.
  9. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

While I will agree on some items...Things like hoses not so much...Boss, Fisher Douglas Dynamics, etc. doesnt make hoses...

Goodyear makes hoses....Well technically its all ContiTech now...

And as others have said you get what you pay for, certainly the OEM hose is going to be marked up...So getting one from the source much better, I believe...