1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest driveway markers 2012

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NicholasMWhite, Oct 19, 2012.

1. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Who sells the cheapest driveway markers online?

I'm looking for small quantities (100-200). The best price I can find for basic markers is angelo's supplies which sells 100 four foot long stakes for $49.50 plus $21.50 for shipping totaling $0.71 per marker with shipping.

Has anyone found any cheaper?

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Seems to be cheap for that quantity

Haven't seen cheaper yet

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is usually the best price around

4. NicholasMWhite

Alright that's what I wanted to hear, I've been buying from them for the past few years but haven't price checked in a while.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Shipping to Canada is $296:eek:... pretty much kills the deal.

6. NicholasMWhite

Wow, maybe you should check out this place:

http://www.drivewaymarkerdepot.com/main.sc

That place may be cheaper than angelo's depending on how many you order seeing as the have a flat rate $9.99 shipping charge no matter how many are ordered.

Another difference is drivewaymarkerdepot puts a pencil tip on the end of theirs and has a plastic end on the top. Angelo's just puts a slight angle on one end of their stakes and has no plastic end. I don't see the plastic end as a selling point, since I don't see any use for it.

7. NicholasMWhite

While on the subject of stakes.

What is the easiest way you have found to pound them into the ground?

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thank you for starting this thread. It saves me a lot of work. I'll be ordering my stakes next week from one of these places.

9. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I used a piece of 1/2" od pipe cut 6 inches shorter than the stake, and welded a top plate to push/pound on.I also put a ground stop at the bottom. It works great for my purposes and I very rarely need to use a hammer. It also doubles as a guide so that every stake is exactly 6 inches in the ground. On a level lot it is nice to look down a line of stakes and see them all lined up perfectly.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

10. NicholasMWhite

I'll have to consider making one of those, I have been using a similar sized rod cut about 6 inches shorter than the stake and just use a hammer to hammer it down flush with the top of the rod, but your tool seems a little easier.

I may try to "improve" on your idea and weld some foot steps to the bottom of the rod so I can just press it down with my foot.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  11. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I use a 3/8 conceret drill bit with a hammer drill.

12. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I was going to try the foot pegs, but I was afraid pipe that small might bend or break the weld if you pushed down too hard on that one spot. If it works for you post a pic.

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  14. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We have been buying the angelos ones for years. Considering that half get stolen or broken cheap is good. If we did residential work I think I might spend more to get the reflective tape wrap....