1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheaper timbrens?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 97S104x4, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

are there any other companies that make bump stops like timbrens?? i can do air shocks or air bags to the front of my s10 and my torsion bars are already cranked up. i just cant justify spending 200+ on bump stops

is there any alternatives?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Timberns are more then "bump stops," you can try Airlift and their aircells.
  3. Jammin'

Jammin' Junior Member

4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The ones from Northern Tool are Buyers AKA truckstar. Super springs has the sumo...which the air lift air cell is a copy of. With it being an s-10....timbren may be the only one with an application for you though
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Double check, But I think those are for a 2wd truck. Ive looked all over, timbrens are your best bet. Had them on my jimmy last year and just sold the used set to my buddy for half the price. Sorry, wish I could of helped you out

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I remember last year i inquired about the sumo springs from Jim and he never got back to me.
  8. Believe it or not I ordered some Timbrens from Amazon today, they were the cheapest I could find. Local parts store wanted $270.00, ebay $199.00, Amazon $171.xx w/ free shipping. Amazon was the cheapest I could find for "timbrens" I didn't bother looking for other brand names or spin offs.