1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Snowblower question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CoachLinz, Dec 3, 2003.

1. CoachLinz

CoachLinz Junior Member

I am looking for a basic snowblower for as little $$$ as possible. It is for use on my driveway and sidewalk as well as that of 1 of my lawn clients. I have no intention of doing snow removal anywhere else. I've searched and looked through many threads already, but most of the "recommended" equipment is beyond my price range right now. Now, I am asking about 2 units in particular that I know is not ideal, but, will one of them get the job done? The units are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2362101630&category=42230

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2362704482&category=42230

They both look like the same blower to me, but I'm not so sure they can move snow. Anybody ever seen/tried/used one before?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

go to home depot or sears or sometimes costco, or walmart

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I would try calling a few repair places as sometimes they have used machines for fairly cheap.

4. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I would like one of those for stairs and small walks. Anyone ever use one?

5. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

I own one we use it on stairs only.... We took the deflector off so it only throws straight...... you can only do 3 or 4 inches of dry stuff, but when you are doing 200 stairs and have to lift it over a railing or low wall it works ok..... however it has worn alot in the short time we have used it, not made for heavy use.

6. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Just remeber you'll get what you pay for. Now is not the best time to buy. Should have been purchased months ago.

If you did have the money to get a small single stage, whether it's a Toro, Honda, or MTD, you should be able to get many years out of the machine. Those little units work great on steps & small sq. ft. Don't know if I would want to do a drive with it.

Mark

7. CoachLinz

CoachLinz Junior Member

I know I should have bought one a while back, but the money wasn't there. We are a one income family this year since my wife stopped working to stay home with our two boys. I am a teacher full-time so things are a bit tight. That's why I started the lawn biz this year. Did well and pretty much paid for the equipment, etc. but not much else. Already have more clients lined up for next year and already have the equipment, so we should make some decent money next season. Anyway, I coach soccer in the fall and just got paid for that, so now I have a few bucks free to buy one. But, $300-$500 is more than I can spend.

I'll call around to the few repair places around here and see what they have. That's a good idea. Thanks for all the input. Maybe next year, I'll get a plow for my truck.....

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

My local Wally-World has a MTD 3.5hp 20 something inch wide single stage for $287. This is the cheapest I've seen in my area.