1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Plows? Do they Exists

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jayrf5, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jayrf5

jayrf5 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place or company that sells and installs plows for a much lower price than normal, or if anyone has a used set up to sell. I bought a '97 Dodge 1500, and would like to put a plow on it, but I bought the truck for $4000 and don't want to spend that amount again just for a plow. Any ideas???
  2. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you can find used, go that route. Thats how I started. If not, Id wait til you can afford a good plow. As in most things, you get what you pay for. And even if you can find some company selling a plow for half price, the quality is not going to be there.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Or just buy a Meyers. (ducking and flame suit on) :dizzy: ;)
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mark, I think that's gonna leave a scar. ;) LOL! :cry:
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, couldn't resist. Is this better?

Go to Home Cheapo and get a Snow Bear.
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ahhh..........now I feel better!:D
  8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

snow plowing is not a cheap business, when you start adding up costs, like gas insurance, wear and tear on your vehicle, maintenance, it gets expensive very quick.
  9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Define what your cheap is? For your truck, a good working used plow will run you $2000 to $2500 installed.
  10. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

Snowbear rock for a grand or so!. Got mine on my truck today plowing the inch or so of slush we got in this stupid storm today.

Many threads in the non-commercial forum.

Have had mine for a few years, works flawlessly..May not be the best..but works well enough, IMO

11. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Wish I found this site a year ago because I had the same question. Just something for driveway use was needed. The local plow place pretty much scorned me for even asking telling me they don't make plows for commercial use and plows for driveways, heavy and light duty. They make plows, period. I felt like a little kid in a classroom that did something wrong. Turns out they just don't deal with the light duty stuff and were not gonna tell me about it.
  12. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

If you look around you can find cheap plows . I know around here you can find trucks with plows for a grand the plow will be worth more then the truck but you can find good deals . I got my 8ft western unimount for $900 with a mount and wiring . look in all the ad papers in your area even the ones that you wouldn't think a plow should be in .
  13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

speaking of that, dad and i were there this evening and he saw one and didnt know what it went on. At first he thought it was for a quad or similar vehicle!!!