1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap plow truck for sale. 89 3/4 ton Chevy

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Sep 21, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

1989 Chevy 3/4 ton snowplow truck for sale. Everything works great. New tires. Refurbished Western Pro snow plow with newer hoses, cutting edge, etc.
    Truck has rusty cab corners and rockers. Truck is in fair shape with some dents and dings, please expect a $3k truck, not an $8k truck.

Asking $2,800 but will sell to a PS member cheaper.

First come first serve. Cash only, clean title in hand.

Will consider trade for a quad / 4 wheeler with a snow plow 500cc or larger. Will add $ for the right one.

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

would you sell it without the plow? if so how much, and what info do you have on the drivetrain, do you think it would make it to michigan?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a guy coming to look at it later on today so I'll let you know. It will make it to MI. Miles are 180k with a supposed Jasper motor at one time but I can't confirm that. I'd probably sell the truck separate for about $1,750 or so if it comes to that.

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

let me know if it sells I could be intersyed at that price without the plow dont need the plow

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Ha, I've been watching that one on CL. It looks like I lost a suit against me and will be paying a bunch of money and might need to sell my truck, so I've been looking for something cheap. That reminds me, if you ever see this guy: http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=655715, kick him in the balls, hold him, and call me.

6. slh

slh Junior Member

Let me know if it sells, I'm interested in the whole set up.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sorry for the delay guys. It's still here for now, but with lots of interest. Fordboy PM'd and wanted to see interior pics so I figured I'd post them for everyone to see. The drivers door panel was missing and the window didn't work. I used stuff out of a parts truck to fix it and the panel is from it (a 95) so it didn't match up right to the handle and switches. The seat is not bad under the cover, but torn on the one side. I had the new cover in the garage so I threw it on. I also picked it up from the exhaust shop today. Re-flared y-pipe, new flanges, new studs and springs, and new donuts. No more loud ass exhaust leak. Once again, the truck's far from nice, but well worth the $$. Please expect it to look like a 20yr old plowtruck. Since I did just sink a couple hundred in it, I'd like to stay pretty firm on the price.

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I will accept trades on worthwhile stuff too. 4x4 wheeler with or without plow, other plow stuff, salters, etc...

9. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

Looks like a pretty good deal I don't think it will last long. I just bought a western cable plow like that one for my 93 Suburban. The guy told me I would have to remove the front bumper, but it looks just like your setup. It does look like your front bumper is pulled out a little. Did you pull it out a little to keep from having it totally removed or am I just seeing things.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If its the proper mount for your truck, it will allow for the bumper brackets to attach directly to the plow mount.

11. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

Great, thanks. I really did not want to remove the bumper and leave it off. Good luck with the sale, again looks like a real good buy for someone.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those pics bring back memories. Had an 89 K1500. Same color, except the the bright red instead of the silver on the outside. Drove it almost three years, put 60K on it. Sold it to a guy down the road two years ago for more than I paid for it. Still running strong. One of my favorite trucks.

13. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Dose the heat work?

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Everything works. Heat, wipers, windows, lights, signals, radio, plow, 4x4, brakes, etc........

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Got your PM Rusty, I'll email in a few

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I know it's a 3k truck but how about some pics of the cab corners and the doors? Would you trust it to make it to MN?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, thanks for understanding that! I'll get a few detailed shots later today. ;)

As for the drive, I don't see why it wouldn't, but thats up to you if you feel like doing it. I mean its a plow truck so its used to being used hours at a time.

18. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

how is the seat... (i ask because i already have a 89 1500, with same interior) Also i would assume it has the 350 (5.7L)... If i were to part out my other 89, and buy this truck, what parts would u suggest i save... How are the tires?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Tires are almost brand new. Seat is nice but torn on the drivers side like they all do. Its a 5.7 with a th400. As for parts it doesn't need anything aside from cosmetics. It really depends what you want out of it. Maaco will fix and paint the whole thing for probably like $5-600.

I mean its an 89 so expect the norm. Slam the doors b/c it needs hing pins and bushings, rattles, etc...

20. Snow Master

Snow Master Junior Member

What is your ZIP?